6 months post partum, my motivation is low NEED motivational

esthrobl
esthrobl Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Im new to this, just started monday with brisk walks and protein shakes to help suppliment my c ravings, im trying to have a healthier lunch and i snack between meals. My usual snack would have been a candy bar but im trying to stick to fruit and cucumbers, or even those special k bars.
Does anyone have any suggestions for my snack.
Ive always been on those fab lose weight quick diets but i think its just time to change my life style.
I bought the slim in 6 dvd and will be starting today, so that i can eventually move up to the p90x.
i need help and motivation. im 197 lbs and would realistically like to lose 50 lbs .

PLEASE HELP, i need a group

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    I like greek yogurt for a snack, though it has a ton of protein so you might not want to combine that with the protein shakes. Babybell cheeses are great, too.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I love the special k crisp bars, also popcorn, rice cakes, klondike slim bars , skinny cow ice cream sandwiches , yogurt, apples or grapes are my go to snacks. I hope this helps
  • I lost 18 lbs in 2 months by eating smart. I really don´t think protein drinks and stuff like that is necessary, but if it works for you its good :)

The key is to use a method that you feel that you can stick with for the rest of your life.

I really havent done much except starting my days with a yummy breakfast to start my bodys engine, and trying to keep track of what i eat during the days. A good lunch and a lighter dinner is recommended. If I stick to this I wont get hungry during the evenings.

What i also discovered by using this method is that I dont get those cravings for a snack very often, but if I do I usually grab a fruit, and it works perfectly for me.

Also remember to drink a lot of water to keep you hydrated, it helps the body to keep up the metabolism.

Good Luck!

/Andy
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    if you have a smartphone there is an app called The Snack App. I have it on my iphone but they may have it or something similar on the Blackberry or Android. It list all sorts of snacks between 50-200 calories. it even breaks them down into sweet, salty, creamy, cheesy, or sinful snacks LOL!

I am also likeing the nature valley bars, oats and honey flavor. And baby bell cheeses are a great little snack too. Sometimes u have to watch fat vs calories but if you look you can always find a good low calorie snack.

hope this helps
  • Thank You all for the snakc ideas!!! Im going to download that app Camille thanks!
    Its been so hard to even start this so i hope that with Fitness Pal i can be encouraged to stick with it!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Cheer up there lady! Plenty of us are shooting for around 50 lbs!-- I have been here 6 weeks and though I didn't lose anything at first, I'm up to 7 lbs!

The key is cultivating good habits. Before I really started losing weight I found a food plan on Women's Health magazine website.
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/six-week-weight-loss-meal-plan-week-1 <--Thats the one I used. I only lost like 4 pounds using it, but it's really really good for setting up a structure you can follow and helping you reset your mind to plan your meals ahead (it was so comforting to have dinner planned before I got home) and to reach for a healthy snack first. This way when you really want that candy bar, you can have it guilt free because you know its not just your default mental setting.

Friend me if you are looking for some support- I'm friends with some really great women on here and you would be surprised how much seeing other people's struggles and victories can inspire you to stick with it!!

Good luck!
    ~Meg
  • I'm right there with you! My second turns 6 monthson tuesday. I lost 30lbs after my first by doing the biggest loser website but this site has all the same stuff for free!

Snacks i love fiber one bars or a cup of Quaker Oat Squares ( a hint of brown sugar kind) Gum always works too when my mouth is board :)
This discussion has been closed.