Could Use Direction. Nursing, pumping, losing weight.

Options
I gave birth to my son not long ago. He's about 11 days old. He nurses like a champ, and I pump an extreme amount for freezing. I'm an actual cow. If counting the amount that I'm pumping, my body thinks I'm nursing at least twins. I would like to keep that up as long as possible, and my last nursling didn't stop until she was 2 1/2 and broke a tooth on the playground. Nursing hurt after that.

There doesn't seem to be a way to incorporate those facts into the daily calorie requirement, and I can tell you that I'm hungry as all get out, and that I go through a case of Dasani in two days.

Pretty sure that my calorie intake should be higher then what the ap recommends. I'm 5'6, 185 female and looking to get down to about 150

Any suggestions?

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) my 18 month old recently weaned himself - i so wasn't ready haha :sad: but he was, is what can ya do!

There's an entry in the food diary that adds calories for breast feeding. I'd also recommend not setting your weight loss goal too extreme - maybe 0.5lbs to 1lb per week. That should give you adequate calories while still being in a slight deficit. Monitor your output to make sure you're eating enough, monitor your weight after a couple of weeks and adjust calories as necessary.

Congrats on the wee baby - I miss the newborn snuggles and the milk-drunk baby :flowerforyou: