Heart Rate Monitors

NotTheOldMe
NotTheOldMe Posts: 10
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
If you use a HRM, what one do you have? What do you like about it?

Replies

• CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    I have a Polar F6. I like it because it has a chest strap, is easy to program/use & deflects cross-talk of other HRM wearers(not that I workout at a gym).
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I have a Polar (it's either F6 or F7). Love it!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    I want a Polar F6 SOOOOOO badly!!! But, I keep getting all these unexpected bills thrown my way (rent increase, new prescription for my glasses, husband's parking tickets, etc) so it has been put on the back burner for the past month. Grrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I had the Polar F6 as well, it was great but then it died. I then got a New Balance one, which was on sale super cheap, that I like just the same. You should just make sure you don't get too basic of a model if what you want is to know how many calories you burn. And one with a chest strap. Some of the base models do not constantly measure your heart rate, only when you put your finger on a spot on the watch. All of them have different features, so just make sure you are informed before you buy.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    I have a timex with chest strap and absolutely love it ~ it was only $50 on Amazon with free shipping ~ and yes, you can change the batteries at home:bigsmile:
  • I recently purchased the Strapless Bowflex HRM and I have to say that it has been great for not only me but my wife as well. It has many features (Regular Watch with time & date, Chronograph, Calorie counter, Dual time, Alarm). I use it not only when working out but also daily as my everyday watch.

Now as for the HRM features is allows you to add in your age, Sex (M/F), and your HI/LO heart rate zone, which is why my wife uses it as well when she works out. Another great feature for me is the fact that it is strapless and does not require any further items.

Also can't beat the price at under $50.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Would you mind telling me where you got the NB monitor, and how much it cost? I'm really trying to get one, but I can't justify spending $60+ right now....
    I had the Polar F6 as well, it was great but then it died. I then got a New Balance one, which was on sale super cheap, that I like just the same. You should just make sure you don't get too basic of a model if what you want is to know how many calories you burn. And one with a chest strap. Some of the base models do not constantly measure your heart rate, only when you put your finger on a spot on the watch. All of them have different features, so just make sure you are informed before you buy.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    I bought mine at walmart..It was only $27...It does just fine but it doesn't have a chest strap....There is one one walmart.com with a chest strap for $33....It looks just the same as mine but with the chest strap.....If I had saw that one I would have bought it.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    I have a timex with a chest strap which is working great for me. The most popular brand is Polar.
    I got one prior to starting the Insanity workout and I'm so glad I did because I was able to keep track of the exact calories burned during each workout and then umber is never the same even when I do the same workout later on in the week. I was also able to program in my target heart rate zone which I can keep track of during my workout to see if I need to pick up the pace or slow down a bit. Although there are exercises listed on MFP with a number for calories burned it\s a general number which won't be as exaxt as an HRM and also if you are doing an exercise program such as Insanity it is not listed and even if it was the number of calories burned would be generic and is different for each individual. If you are going to get I would recommend you get a good one with a chest strap.
  • Wow so I have been struggling with HRM for a while I bought a couple of cheap ones and they were crappy and I just took the plunge and bought the Polar ft7 and let me just say I love it so much easier to program and I was concerned about wearing the chest strap totally can't tell it's there. It tells how much of your time was in the fat burning and how much was spent in fitness it keeps a running chart of your days it has so many neat features. I think it was a great buy.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    I too am considering getting an HRM , and if you dont mind me hijacking a little I would love to ask a question here in your thread, I have seen a BEURER PM 70 which is on offer and appears to be all singin and dancing I like it, I want it BUT my query is do I need to get a womens model instead????????

my wrist measures a measly 14.75 cm or 5.75 " will I have pribs with this model????? thanks Debbie
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    If you use a HRM, what one do you have? What do you like about it?

i have a timex triathlon (can't remember the model #). i :heart: that it tells me exactly what i burn in calories. i've had for 2yrs now. it's awesome. i recommend it 4 every1 so that u know exactly what u're burnin b/c sometimes the site isn't accurate
This discussion has been closed.