125 Best Packaged Foods

Options
I stumbled upon this article today and absolutely love it!! You know the hassle of looking at nutritional facts at the grocery store for everything? Well this did it for us! Also, you can print out the whole thing (7 pages) to take with you to the store or just have on hand.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/best-foods

Replies

• TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bump
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Nice! I like that most of it is natural and organic- the stuff I get at the natural food store. The things that aren't labeled natural, I would still check and make sure there is no artificial sweetener in it (sucralose, aspartame, etc)
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    the sweets list was super helpful. ty for posting this.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    remember every package has to go somewhere in the end (landfill) and even if it's recycled, it still takes energy and produces toxins when melting/reforming .. so while it's a good guide for on-the-quick, in my opinion, any packaging is a bad idea. sometimes unavoidable, but always a bad idea.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump
    i try to avoid the packaged foods, but my own personal reality keeps including them, so THANKS! :flowerforyou:

@keyemme - i hear you, but handy list for when you do have to break down and buy something in a box!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    this is great, thank you so much for sharing it.
    i totally printed it out :D
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bummping:flowerforyou:
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    man this is great! Wish I hadn't gone grocery shopping for the week already lol
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I just love articles like these. Does anyone subscribe to fitness magazines as well? At one point I subscribed to Women's Health and Health Magazine. Now I've scaled back to Shape, Self, and Fitness magazine. I just love them.... I find the gals to be inspiring and I mix in some of the weight lifting moves and stretches in my workouts here and there.

Shannon