Another Chalean Extreme question....about nutrition

Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
All I got were the DVD's from a friend of this. So I am unsure if there were in pamplets that came with it about nutrition. Even Chalene says in the video that you find yourself eating more on the days you lift. I do find myself eating more. However, I can't seem to keep under the calories MFP gives me.

Was there some sort of nutrition guide that came with this or reccomended calorie allotment during this program?

Basically a lot of days I find my sugar dropping too low and coming down with the shakes. My calories allowed are 1,680 a day. I cannot stay under them for the life of me unless I want to become a limp noodle. lol.

Let me know any insight also if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks bunches! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    1680 is a good amount of calories, especially if you are trying to lose weight. Maybe its what you are eating that is causing the problems. If you want message me and I can try to help you with what you are eating and maybe help solve the problem. Also are you eating every 3 hours or so. You want to eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism up. That might also help with getting shaky. Anyway would love to help you but need some more info
    -Doreen
  • Chalean Extreme DOES come with a nutrition guide. Have you tried asking your friend if she has it? I don't have the program yet, but I'm looking to do it in January. Right now, I'm still on Turbo Fire ;)
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Yep, it comes with a nutrition plan, though, I don't follow it.
    I say add more lean proteins, dairy, whole grains, and fruits/veg to your menu.
    (though, you probably already are doing that).

On a personal note, I've not experieinced extreme hunger while doing CE, and I'm on
    the second week of the Lean phase.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Maybe this will help you??
    http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/meal-plans/diet-wizard

I have to admit that I am pretty much always hungry on lift days too ~ and I am eating 1700 calories right now :D I try to keep telling myself that it is a good thing, means the metabolism is revving up!:drinker: :drinker: (those are actually hand weights, not beer):bigsmile:
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    The Nutrition Guide that comes with the ChaLEAN program is very helpful - I agree Charity - you should ask your friend if they have it!

Your calorie limit is about right. I am also doing ChaLEAN and consume around 1400 calories per day. Try to spread your calories out over three meals and two snacks. Include a lean protein and a veggie/fruit with each meal. I find it best to 'pre-plan' what I am eating for the day so all calories are already planned out and there is no chance of going over limit.
This discussion has been closed.