Hitting my weight loss wall too early

Options
Hey everyone, need advice here. I've been dieting for approx 2 months now. In the first month I lost about 10.5 lbs, but since then I've only lost 3 lbs. After weighing myself most recently (never more than once a week on the same day and time), I've gained 1.5 lbs! My total loss is only 12 lbs but I feel like it should be more. I exercise 4-5 days a week and I've even changed up my routine to avoid muscle memory. I avoid white, starchy carbs like the plague. Replaced all carbs with grains and healthier choices. My calories seem to be around par, so I really just don't get what the issue is. The only thing I can relate it to is that I started working out first thing in the mornings but of anything I would think that would jump start my metabolism.

Please help!

Male, 28 years old, 5'10", currently 211 lbs
Goal weight is 190 lbs

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Normal daily fluctuations is likely what the 1.5 pounds is. 12 pounds in 8 weeks so on average is 1.5 pounds a week which is a very healthy loss. Keep what you're doing and have some patience. The weight didn't go on over night and it wont come off over night either. Good luck
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The first month that 10lbs ...a lot of it was water...

The 1.5lbs up...is probably water

Relax
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    ^ As Above, the initial massive weight loss was probably water. You really don't want to be losing more than the recommended 1-2lb per week.

If it helps, think of the weight you've lost so far as more of an average. Lets say the 2 months you've been trying to lose weight is 8 weeks. At 12lb lost you've been losing at an average of 1.5lb a week. That's not a bad thing!

Have patience, accept that it's a lifestyle change not a quick fix and that you will have weight gains/losses/stalls as you go along.