Working out before bed

Options
Hey hey!

I'm new to the fitness thing because of being SO over weight, I've dropped 24 pounds over the past 2 months through sheer appropriate diet (my diary is open so don't no body flip out before looking and seeing I'm DEFINATLY taking in the appropriate amount of calories.) When I wake up I make sure to walk and when I get off work I'm kind of reved up from my high risk job, so instead of just crashing in bed I started doing light weight (I mean like BABY) weight lighting just at the house, working different muscle groups each morning and then going to bed. Someone mentioned to me that this might be a bad thing because I'm not taking in any protein AFTER that mini work out....can someone help me out on that? Is it hurting me to work out right before I go to sleep, even if its just a light weight work out?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    As long as your general Protein levels are good It's not really a problem. yes if you are some competitive body builder you may want to adjust it but for average people doing some exercise it's not going to have any huge impact. i frequently run late at night because it's the only time I can fit it in. Sometimes I eat something afterwards other times I don't.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ^^^ that

at your stage it won't matter.

Make sure you get the right amount of food whenever you want and work out whenever you want.

I personally work out quiet often late at night and come home and eat- because I'm so famished I cannot NOT eat. I would die. Just DIE LOL.

If that is working for you- go for it.
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I appreciate the feed back.. I'm actually an over night worker so yeah, i'm technically working out first thing in the morning for every one else!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Okay, no at ALL what I thought this would be....very disappointing.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Okay, no at ALL what I thought this would be....very disappointing.

There is always one...
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I often do my lifting in the late evening, only leaving enough time before bed to cool down and take a shower. I haven't had any issues with not seeing results or with sleeping. Get .8 - 1g of protein per lb of LBM and you'll be fine.