Close to my goal and still very, very unsatisfied.

Options
I started my weigh loss in Feb. I have lost 20 pounds so far. I was 160 and I'm 140 now. I still am very unsatisfied and I can't see myself being happy with my body's appearance at losing just 10 more pounds. I feel like I have to lose another 20 pounds at minimum to achieve the lean and toned look I was. Has this happened to anyone?

Replies

• nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    are you lifting weights? you should be

dieting while not lifting = skinnyfat body at the end
  • ChristineMiller2
    Options
    Hello :)

WTG on 20 lbs lost, thats amazing!

In my opinion, it sounds similiar to how I feel and I realized it wasn't my weight that was making me unhappy it was A LOT of other things in my life and I was taking it out on myself mentally and physically. So I was redirecting my anger unto myself :( I'm still a work in progress on self love but I'm trying.

Do you think if you really search your thoughts, this could be true?

I would love to add you as a friend as well :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    losing more weight will make you a smaller version of what you are now...

If you want lean you need to do some resistence training or a progressive load lifting program.
  • raelia
    raelia Posts: 23
    Options
    I agree, lifting might make you feel better about your appearance. I was looking a pictures when I first started, and people can weight more, but look smaller and more amazing just because they lift and strengthen their muscles.
  • abrazame
    abrazame Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's anything other than my appearance making me unhappy. I have always been very unhappy with my body. My midsection is the thing I am most unhappy with. I carry almost all of my weight in my midsection. Now that I lost weight, My thighs look like sticks and my midsection looks squarish. I literally look like spongebob squarepants when I am wearing a shirt.
  • amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Like others have suggested- I would incorporate lifting. It's not all about the number on that scale- I know it's hard because I get hung up on it too but lifting will tone you, and while you may not loose pounds, you will lose inches. :)
  • kimacduff
    kimacduff Posts: 29
    Options
    I think doing some kind of workout will tone you really nicely Yoga, Jillian Michaels, Shawn T there are many ways to get the toned look. It really does help. Even walking can help you lose the tummy & tone your legs. Genetics has a lot to do with your body shape too. But you should be able to get a nicer shape with stretching, weights & cardio.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's anything other than my appearance making me unhappy. I have always been very unhappy with my body. My midsection is the thing I am most unhappy with. I carry almost all of my weight in my midsection. Now that I lost weight, My thighs look like sticks and my midsection looks squarish. I literally look like spongebob squarepants when I am wearing a shirt.

I totally hear you.

Unfortunately we can't control where we are genetically predisposed to carry our weight, but after losing weight on your limbs, the rest of you, like your midsection, will be smaller. As others have suggested, weight lifting and strength training can do a lot to shape the look of your body, not just make our outline look smaller, if that makes sense.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What are you doing regarding exercise? This is a lot of weight (for your size) to lose in such a short time, and I would expect also a lot of muscle loss. Maybe it is time to stop eating at a deficit (or at least eat closer to maintenance) and focus on an getting more fit?