Vacation eating question

Options
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get the calories count for foods on a carnival cruise. I am going on a cruise in May and I wanted to know if there was a way to find out calories. I will be using the gym this time and making the better food choices. I am looking to relax this trip not get fat like my last cruise. Yes most people say dont worry about it your on vacation BUT Im not looking for that kind of vacation to just eat and eat. I will be drinking though lol. I dont need to over do it with food. Any info would be great if possible. Thank in advance :)

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Contact the cruiseline.
  • stefaniem76
    stefaniem76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you plan to hit the gym and make good food choices, you may be ok if you can't locate the calorie counts. Take walks too! Good luck, enjoy your cruise!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I did a cruise last year, enjoyed myself, gained 7 pounds lost it 2 days later. It's a vacation don't stress about it. Enjoy yourself and do a lot of walking. :happy:

ETA: I ate whatever I wanted and drank a lot of water. Did a lot of walking, took stairs instead of elevators.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    You might be able to find similar recipes in the database, even if they aren't the exact ones from Carnival. You also might be able to estimate the ingredients for a good number of the dishes. While neither of these will be an exact science, at least you'll have a rough ballpark idea of how you're eating. I agree with not giving up completely on logging & with not going hog wild with the eating, I think for the duration of a cruise getting an estimate should keep you close enough until you get back from the trip & into your normal routine......
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I did a cruise last year, enjoyed myself, gained 7 pounds lost it 2 days later. It's a vacation don't stress about it. Enjoy yourself and do a lot of walking. :happy:

I would bet that this was fluid retention due to high sodium counts......
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

I would bet that this was fluid retention due to high sodium counts......

Of course it was. :smile:
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you're planning on exercising and watching what your eat, you'll be fine, and any weight you gain will most likely be water instead instead of actual fat. Enjoy your vacation, don't over stress about it. :)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I went on a 5 day cruise in december of 2012 and packed on 10 lbs in those 5 days. I went for a friend's wedding se we were a big group and our server at dinner would keep brinigng us every items from the menu to try out and all available desserts. It was crazy O_o (And the pizza was pretty good, too >_>)

But I'd say if you use the gym and eat moderately you'll do just fine. Just relax and don't worry about it. I'm not even sure you'll have wifi to log into MFP during the cruise, anyway (their data plans tend to be crazy expensive depending on where you go)
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A little googling revealed this: "You can call Our Guest Access 1-800-438-6744 extension 70425"

source:
    http://www.carnival.com/Funville/cruisereviews/p/481449.aspx
  • ichigomaybridge
    ichigomaybridge Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Main Dining Rooms

Guests dining in the two main dining rooms will have their choice of six different appetizers and soups, two salads and six entrees each night. Also, Carnival Classics selections, including char-broiled steak, grilled chicken and pasta dishes, along with a decadent dessert menu offering six different selections, including the cruise industry’s most popular dessert — the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake — will be offered nightly.

For those seeking more health-conscious cuisine, dining room menus feature Spa Carnival Fare selections, delicious, guilt-free items that are lower in calories, cholesterol, sodium and fat content. Vegetarian choices and children’s menus are available, as well.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=dining#q-669127

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=dining#q-544956

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/DiningRoomMenuspdf.ashx (little hearts are healthy options).