Women who have loss the arm flab!

Options
2»

Replies

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Mine are not too flabby but not toned either. I will say when I play tennis and racquetball I had the best arms and shoulders. I would say swimming, lifting, and some racquet sports:)
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'll just reiterate what's been said before - lift heavy stuff.

If you work your triceps, be sure to work your biceps as well since they balance each other. Starting out, simply do the motion without weights. You WILL feel it the next day! When working your triceps or biceps, squeeze at the top of the motion for the greatest effect.

Also work in some overhead presses for your shoulders. Once again, just do the motion without weights when starting out, then add weight.

If you don't have any dumbbells, use water bottles, soup cans, veggie cans.

I'm fortunate that I have a great fitness center at work. A friend of mine does not have a gym membership and does lots of heavy lifting. She's lost over 100 lbs. in just over a year. She obtained her gym equipment at garage sales and from Craig's List. (GREAT idea!)

You're off to a great start! Keep up the good work.

And --- Lift Heavy Stuff! :smile:

ETA: Lots of good videos on YouTube for workouts.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :D Gives me hope. :)

Edit: I also occasionally, while playing with my 2 year old son will use him as a "weight". He likes "flying" and I get the work-out. (He is like 35 lbs lol)
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem! My biceps and triceps look okay considering that I've only been doing weights for a few months, but I can't find an exercise to actually exercise the lower part of my arms... I obviously still have a certain quantity of fat stored there, but since I no longer plan to lose much weight (if not a few kgs) I'd like to know if there's something else I can do.
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had that same fear too! When I started I could not imagine any change in my arm size. Since January 2013 I have lost 54 pounds and I still don't feel that my arms have changed. It was only after I compared measurements from last year that I realized I'd lost arm mass. I don't have any pictures uploaded yet, but I have my numbers to show:

Measurement Date Amount
    Right Arm 4/12/2014 12.5 inches
    Right Arm 4/21/2013 15.5 inches

Measurement Date Amount
    Left Arm 4/12/2014 12.5 inches
    Left Arm 4/21/2013 16.5 inches
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i recommend weight training to help with your arm shape but only a calorie deficit will get rid of the fat (and only when your body wants it to, we can't choose where it comes off).

This. My upper body is the first place I put on weight and the last place I lose it from, so I don't think I'll ever have slender arms with loads of muscle definition, but when I lift weights it stops the jiggle. The best shape my arms have ever been in was when I was doing body pump 3x a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!