Constipation

Options

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    honestly, rereading your post i realize the real issue here is that you cant see a doctor for over a month. wtf is going on with our health UNdustry?
  • bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Metamucil as directed, routinely if you are not getting enough fiber. Also fills you up if you take it 1/2 hour before meals.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bacon works for me. Sadly, not low calorie…but soooooo tasty.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Prune juice
    I swear by it. :) you might have had to much fiber which in turn does the opposite effects and backs you up.
    Drink lots of water as well.
    Feel better

this, but I don't like the taste of it. so I eat three for four prunes before breakfast.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My dietician advised that this can happen when you restrict your calories and no longer eat the fat that was making us go!

She recommended high fibre fruits and veg (my favorites are baked beans and prunes) and a low calorie cereal bar that contains at least 5 grams of fibre.

The average person should consume roughly 10-13 grams of fibre per day and wholewheat breads help :-)

Don't forget your water or squash!

Best of luck getting off the laxitives and getting back into a routine!

Kaela x
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I had a BAD constipation problem about 5 years ago. You might need a suppository to get things moving and clear the pipes, and then try to get more fiber and water in your daily intake.

As for great poop moving things....
    --- lots of water
    --- meet your daily fat requirement (keeps things slippery enough to move down there)
    ---walk!! (my doctor told me when I move, it helps my intestines to push things along and nothing stagnates

Food wise:
    -Corn will move through you mostly undigested, so it bulks up BMs
    -Prunes
    -Pumpkin
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Also: http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/dp/B000EVQWKC

But, in all seriousness, you've gotten some great advice. Go for the gummy bears as a last resort.
  • azamlynn2000
    azamlynn2000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Get Up in the morning and take at least 40 oz of HOT water ( add Green tea or coffee) , and do this within 1 minute of waking up, bend over your stomach for a minute and you will be good to go - this always works for me , my sister and my clients . Also , if you are doing a weight training program , you want to have Flax seed oil , 1-2 TBSP /day, it will also help you go a lot. Good luck!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    White Castle

Bran muffin, coffee and a cigarette

Get stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on an elevated highway 2 miles from the nearest exit
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    White Castle

Get stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on an elevated highway 2 miles from the nearest exit

This almost made me pee my pants! Literally. I'm going to the bathroom now. (not in my pants)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    White Castle

This reminds me of the time I wrecked my car and was sitting in the back of the cop car praying to the Lord of all things urine that the tow truck would show up soon.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Regular walking. It helps to relax the muscles around your core.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but when I hit the gym doors, I have to race to the bathroom or I will explode. It's a conditioned response from the running.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so many posts and only like 3 on fat

fat fat fat fat- more fat.

go eat at white castle or burger king.

getting stuck on the freeway is a bonus.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. I can almost guarantee immediate assplosion.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i'm surprised people are saying coffee. I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee and still am unable to go to the bathroom after 2 days.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Coffee certainly doesn't do it for me, either. Actually, coffee is a diuretic, and if anything should increase constipation.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've found that I do better when I eat something spicy - My husband made some killer salsa verde and I've been eating it every night - and guess what happens every morning.

Usually I get constipated easy -but I think I'll just keep eating salsa now! LOL
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Coffee certainly doesn't do it for me, either. Actually, coffee is a diuretic, and if anything should increase constipation.

All I know is that if I pour myself some coffee, I'd better make sure I have access to a bathroom in the next 10 minutes. :blushing: :laugh:
  • danyellegbaker
    danyellegbaker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. I can almost guarantee immediate assplosion.
    This made me LOL