MAY the odds be ever in my favor. MAY the force be with me.

Options
IT'S ALMOST MAY!!!! And I'm getting my lazy butt back up the healthy sexy wagon! I've fallen quite hard but I've decided MAY is the month!:drinker:

But... I need YOUR help.

So, after months of bad, very very bad eating, I have gained weight again and definitely body fat. :grumble:

Back story: I am 5'3", 26 years old. In November 2012, I was 179lbs. I decided to lose weight and with the supervision of a doctor, I was 115lbs in June 2013. I was happily maintaining with the help of MFP, exercised a LITTLE but not enough. Went on a month and a half vacation (managed to gain only 2lbs, lost it after a week or two) got through the holidays. Lost more weight. In January 2014 I was 108lbs :noway: (that look didn't suit me though, everyone thought I was too thin.) Anyway, this morning I was 114lbs BUT I had a bad today today and sorta kinda overate... a lot. So, possibly 115/117 tomorrow. I've developed horrible eating habits in Feb. Still baffles me up to now. Insatiable carby sugary cravings.

Anyhoo, I've started working out last week just walking/running on the treadmill or outside for half an hour to an hour, 3-5 miles, started lifting too but just light weights (8-10lbs LOL, don't judge.:embarassed: ), been doing jumping jacks, squats, mountain climbers, planks, burpees, situps, push ups wall sits as well and other stuff. You know those 30 seconds high intensity 10 secs rest and then 10 secs low intensity workouts? yeah that's what I do with the squats etc. And of course, I'm feeling even more heavy. lol I'm set to sedentary, eating 1260. I really am sedentary but yeah I started working out!! So I may just keep sedentary settings and just eat back exercise calories or at least half of it.

Question is: Can anyone suggest a workout program (DVD) or routine that has been effective based on YOUR experience? I've tried 30 day shred and I do have Hiphop Abs, Insanity, Ripped in 30 here too but I haven't tried them. Should I mix in a yoga and pilates too? I want to get back to around 110lbs this May! (Is that possible?I know I know, don't rush but just wondering, is it possible?) Hopefully lose body fat and tone/gain muscles? Also, how much cardio and lifting every week should I do to achieve this?

Thoughts? Opinions? Violent reactions? :smile:

Replies