HELP! A little advice needed!

Options
2»

Replies

• smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Are you really eating 1800-2000 calories? By that I mean, are you using a food scale to measure your solids and measuring cups to measure your liquids?

Yes I am and I put my own recipes in the system. It is obvious that 1800 - 2000 is just too much for me even if that is what calculation tells me to eat.

So then eat less until you start losing weight again? Idk what you're posting for if you've got it all figured out already?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Are you really eating 1800-2000 calories? By that I mean, are you using a food scale to measure your solids and measuring cups to measure your liquids?

Yes I am and I put my own recipes in the system. It is obvious that 1800 - 2000 is just too much for me even if that is what calculation tells me to eat.

So then eat less until you start losing weight again? Idk what you're posting for if you've got it all figured out already?

I obviously didn't have it figured out until just now or I would not have posted. I just realized because of all of you that maybe I need to focus on my calorie intake first and foremost! I am too focused on doing the workouts and following the recommended calorie intake. I actually really needed all this advice. It clicks in your head when you have multiple people telling you the same thing and everyone else (friends and family) telling you you look fine even though I am 30 lbs over weight. I appreciate this.
  • Teenie71
    Teenie71 Posts: 52
    Options
    You got some good advice, and it doesn't seem like you're interested, so it seems like you know your answer--you're not patient or consistent enough to stick with Insanity. So do something else.

Good advice and she doesnt want it....what is the point of posting here then?!?!?!?! I dont get it
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I obviously didn't have it figured out until just now or I would not have posted. I just realized because of all of you that maybe I need to focus on my calorie intake first and foremost! I am too focused on doing the workouts and following the recommended calorie intake. I actually really needed all this advice. It clicks in your head when you have multiple people telling you the same thing and everyone else (friends and family) telling you you look fine even though I am 30 lbs over weight. I appreciate this.

You don't need to drastically lower your calories to 1200-1300 though. Try out 1600 for a few weeks and see how that goes.
  • KylaDenay
    Options

You don't need to drastically lower your calories to 1200-1300 though. Try out 1600 for a few weeks and see how that goes.

Thank you I am going to try that!
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    You got some good advice, and it doesn't seem like you're interested, so it seems like you know your answer--you're not patient or consistent enough to stick with Insanity. So do something else.

Good advice and she doesnt want it....what is the point of posting here then?!?!?!?! I dont get it

If I did not want the advice then I would not have posted. I appreciate everyones advice. It is helping me tremendously!
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    A lot of those calorie burn estimates are on the high end. I would eat back half of them and see if that makes a difference.

Yes it is all finally sinking in now and that is what I will do. Thank you!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I see some are telling you only to eat about half the calories you burn from your workout and other to lower your calories to about 1600 I would only try one first do not do both right away. Adjust as needed. JMO
  • donnarogers6211
    donnarogers6211 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Why so rude. She was just talking through what she was thinking and yes she got more advice on what she was thinking. I think people like you need to just stay off if you are going to be ugly. If it offends you enough to be rude dont read it.
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    I see some are telling you only to eat about half the calories you burn from your workout and other to lower your calories to about 1600 I would only try one first do not do both right away. Adjust as needed. JMO

Yes I think by eating around half though that will bring me to around 1600 calories. It kinda works out both ways. It is all a learning lesson for me with such high intense cardio.
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been on MFP since 2011. When I first started I was only 10 lbs heavier than my "happy" weight. I started at 154. 10 lbs difference was not too much of a big deal for me so, I was off and on. I gained some and lost it and stayed around 154. Well as of November 2013 I started Insanity. During my first 2 weeks of Insanity I gained 10 lbs. I did not follow the nutrition guide, but I did eat the recommended calorie range (tdee). I was soooo angry about that. All everyone kept telling me is that I was gaining muscle. I do not believe that. I am 5'3 and 32 years old. At that hight and eating at a calorie deficit that is not muscle I gained. Especially after just only 2 weeks. I know I know if I gained that means I was not eating in a deficit. I stayed at 1800 to 2000 calories everyday.

Anyways. I gave it up. Worked out other ways...insanity, brazil butt lift, running, walking, dancing, zumba, etc. I am still till this day 164 lbs!!! Ok I have lost a few inches up top and my body is a little smaller than the old 164, but I am STILL 164!! I eat back my exercise calories or at least most of them. I guess maybe I need to be eating less than 1800 calories idk. Well now I am back on Insanity and am in week 2. I do not see any difference. No inches lost or weight lost. I have no patience for this. Summer time is coming and I live in FL.

I looked back into my diary from when I was smaller and realized that I lost weight when I ate around 1200 - 1300 calories a day just walking/running on the treadmill 3 times a week. Now I feel like I am busting my *kitten* for no results. I cannot wait until month 2 to see changes. I want at least a 1 lb per week loss right now. So my question is should I continue with Insanity, wait it out and the results will come? OR go on a 1300 calorie diet (not diet but stay within that range) work out 3 times a week and see if I lose 1 -2 lbs a week? I hate being someone who gives up on something (Insanity), but I want to just lose weight already! Any advice anyone??
    You said you lost inches and your body is smoller than it was the last time you where 164 (I wish at this point). It is a proven scientific fact that muscle weighs more than fat, and yes on insanity you can gain 10lbs of muscle in two weeks. It is not unheard of. I find Insanity too intense for me so I wont do it, however I have a number of associates that have done Insanity and report a change like that each time. Here is the thing, you may want to follow the nutrician guide and only substitute when necessary. 1800-2000 calories is a lot but if you are extremely active ( job that requires a lot of lifting and on your feet all day as well as doing insanity) then this may constitute a deficit for you. Befor you loose it and give up make sure you are doing everything possible (including Nutrition guide) to lose the weight. If all else fails go to a nutritionist or doctor and get some sound medical advice. You never know, it could be something as simple as any medication you are taking reacting to your body change.

to the bolded part just no...

Muscle takes up less space than fat...but 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat...and a woman cannot build 10lbs of muscle in 2 weeks...that is impossible and I mean literally impossible without the use of steriods, eating a lot and lifting weights...

If the OP has gained 10lbs in 2 weeks eating 1800-2000 some of it was water retention but after this long of a period it's just weight...period.

She is not in a deficet and it wont matter how much exercise she does if she isn't in a deficet she wont lose weight.
    Well then I will have to tell that to the men and women who swear they gained atleast that much in a two week period. And who's to say it is not a combination of the two. But to put someone out ther damning their post with self righteous indignation is a reflection on the writer. I simply told her from my experience. And yes 1800 can be a deficit if they are highly active. Many individuals that do a great deal of activity need much more calories to keep going. If you would have read you would notice that I pointed out that if she is doing a high amount of activity that 1800-2000 is a deficit in that case. If not then no it is not a deficit. Read then evaluate please. Oh and by the way, To evaluate whether muscle weighs more than fat, you need to weigh two identical volumes of each material. Final result: One cubic inch of muscle weighs more than one cubic inch of fat because it is more dense.
    It the statement is by nature two fold. Research and try again!