Black tea or green tea

Options
Which is better to drink for weight loss?

Replies

• Marcatrot
    Options
    I'm by no means and expert, but I'd say that it makes no difference if you aren't adding anything to either. I know green tea has some other health benefits such as antioxidants, but they both have no calories.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Neither. Unless you put a bunch of calories in one rather than the other.

Weight loss = calorie deficit

There is no magical food or drink that will change this.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Neither. It's tea, not magic. Personally I'd drink black because green is gross.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was told by an employee at gnc to drink a black tea before bed to lose weight. I did that and lost about 40 lbs fairly quickly too.
    But I also quit drinking beer. So I think the combo helped me a lot. Only thing is its loaded with caffeine and might keep you awake at night if you're sensitive to it.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    For weight loss - probably neither.

I should think the weight loss benefits of drinking tea are negligible. The only real benefit would be you don't add sugar or milk to green tea, so you cut back on additional calories for that source.

However tea does have anti oxidant properties and the best one to drink for this purpose would be white tea.
  • JennaLMiller
    Options
    Marshy129, try black decaf tea maybe?? :-)
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Marshy129, try black decaf tea maybe?? :-)

As far as I know, it's the caffeine that works the magic while we sleep. Boosts our metabolism. That's what the dude said at gnc anyway and it seemed to work for me. :)
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Both. I go through a box of each every week or two. I sip it hot and unsweetened and if nothing else that curbs the mouth hunger.

But I'm about to go back to drinking more coffee, too, because potassium. Blast the RDA for potassium! So hard to get enough.