seems like my mid-section is not going anywhere!!!

Options
so I have lost 52 pounds, I know I cant spot reduce but I am frustrated that my effort is not paying off in my midsection where I feel most of my problem areas are gone... I know I have lost visceral fat which is great... how much more can I lose before it has to come off my stomach because there is nothing left?!?

sw: 291
cw: 239
gw: 170-180

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce unfortunately...which you know...

to work on what you look like the suggestion is to start resistence training preferably a heavy lifting progressive load program...it has done wonders for my look and size.

I currently weigh 156 and wear a size 5/6
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain here. I need to tighten my core. I have had 4 kids and have 0 stomach muscles left lol. Everything I have read so far say abs start in the kitchen, that being said I am just really trying to eat healthy and stay within my calorie goal. I have also decided to start more strength training and less cardio to see if that makes any difference. Muscle burns fat right? so I am willing to give it a go.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, there are a few spots on my body that are rock hard now with no fat, just muscle right under the skin, and other spots that have a bit more, but my stomach is ridiculous, I don't have any kids but I look perpetually 8 months pregnant, it's really embarrassing. I feel your pain!
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Clear these foods out of your abs nutrition plan forever

nope.gif
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Well, stomach fat is usually the last to go unfortunately, hang in there and keep at it.
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    i'd be worried if i had a few pounds to go and it was still a problem area, but as you still have quite a way to go then i wouldn't worry about it
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Eat clean and hang in there.
  • spikedholly
    Options
    Clear these foods out of your abs nutrition plan forever

nope.gif

Kinda how I felt when I read it too. The more you tell yourself no, the more you will want it...at least in my case.