What do you do with phone/keys/etc

Options
djc315
djc315 Posts: 585 Member
What do you do with phone/keys and the likes when you go for a run? I am having a hard time finding a light weight, short sleeved jacket that has zipper pockets. I currently have a winter running jacket that does okay, except it isn't water proof and I live in the PNW. I've tried putting my keys in my bra and holding onto my phone, but that really doesn't work for me. I end up dropping my phone and my keys get too sweaty (its a battery operated key, shouldn't be getting wet). Plus, when it is raining, my phone can' be out in the open in my hand. With nicer weather coming in, I really want to find something to hold both and keep them safe. Anyone try the flipbelt?

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wear a lanyard with my house key. Phone stays at home.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I would get a lanyard for the key and they have armbands that hold most phones now and they are waterproof assuming you bring the phone to listen to music, if not I would just leave it home.
  • djc315
    Options
    No music? BA. I get bored without music, I am jealous.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I found zippered pockets a must. There are large armbands that will hold a key, license, and phone. I checked it out at local walmart for $10.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Arkon-Universal-Sports-Armband-for-Large-Smartphones/17151064
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of pants at walmart (super light weight, moisture wicking) that has a tiny pocket on the butt where I put the key. My boobs are big enough that my phone can go in my sportbra and not get drenched in sweat. I haven't figured out the water bottle thing though, either a camel pack or one of those running fanny packs.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Phone stays at home, key goes in pocked of running shorts that have specific pockets for keys and ID.

Music player on armband....I have no idea how/why anyone would carry it.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
  • djc315
    Options
    Yeah, honestly, the idea of having an armband isn't that appealing. If it comes down to it, I will give it a try.

Michelefreanch - have you personally used the flipbelt? Does it slide? You like it?
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Phone in a carrier on my arm and my pants have hidden zipper pockets. I take off the one key I need (house or car) and put it in the pocket. Then I just go.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I run with my phone in my hand because I look at Runkeeper to know my distance & speed. I tried an arm band thingie but it didn't work for me because I found it uncomfortable and I couldn't see it while running, but I'm weird ;)

As for keys, I just run around my neighborhood, so I don't have those with me. I've seen people tie them to their drawstrings though if your shorts/pants have those. Just a suggestion.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    When I am in the neighborhood, my iPod is tucked into my sports bra. (I know, I'm gonna get cancer). On long hikes at the park, I wear a lanyard w/ pepper spray/mace, truck key, whistle and ID tag.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I use a Spibelt.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

I have an iPod Nano that I listen to, I have an armband for it. The phone is just too bulky to carry along.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I use a Spibelt.

^^^^ this
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I wear my iphone in my yurbuds armband for music... and always have a hydration belt on me that has a little pocket where I can put my keys. I get really thirsty even on 1mi runs so I never leave home without it (and its so annoying carrying a water bottle)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I get shorts/pants with a pocket when I can. Some pants have these tiny little pockets for ipods or whatever, but they stretch to hold my iphone 5 with no problem. Shorts with slim pockets are pretty easy to find. I hide my key in my wheel well or gas tank, leave one back door unlocked, or just run from home (I have a code to get into my garage without a key).

I wouldn't use an arm band because the tan line would be stupid.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    I should probably take my phone with me for safety reasons, but I usually leave it in the car. I use my garmin watch, my ipod shuffle, and take my car key off and carry it in my hand.
  • djc315
    Options

I have an iPod Nano that I listen to, I have an armband for it. The phone is just too bulky to carry along.

Ah! That makes sense. I use my phone for some running apps, eventually I will switch over to something smaller and not use the apps. But it is all in one!

Now what is a spibelt? Off to google! Oh, a lot like the flipbelt but it is smaller. Okay I will compare those two.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Leave your phone. Put your key (one key) between your boobs, or have a credit card key made.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    arm band for your phone -- i heart them or leave at home

keys - i like to hide mine :) dont' bring em at risk of losing