Trendy diets have ruined one of my favorite products...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
Naturally More PB used to have powdered egg whites, added flaxseed oil, wheat germ and honey...it was awesome.

Now it has soy protein (assuming to maintain vegan status), no added flaxseed oil, and a fancy wording for processed sugar.

It's been a slow changing of the ingredients over the years with this stuff, but the whole of the changes stinks...

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There's still JIF.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Go to a health food store and squish your own.
  • _John_
    Options
    There's still JIF.

leaded is a little salty for my tastes, and my grocer (preferred anyway) only carries the smaller jars of natural jif.

That's a rant for a different thread.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking a Peanut Butter. If that's the case, any PB is disgusting unless it's 100% natural PB, which has nothing in it but, well, peanuts.

It's not really Peanut Butter if it has something other than peanuts in it.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    any PB is disgusting unless it's 100% natural PB

And people wonder why clean eating gets bashed so often and thoroughly.
  • _John_
    Options
    I assume you're talking a Peanut Butter. If that's the case, any PB is disgusting unless it's 100% natural PB, which has nothing in it but, well, peanuts.

that's 2 different ascinine arguments in one post.

I have to applaud that.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking a Peanut Butter. If that's the case, any PB is delicious even if it's 100% natural PB, which has nothing in it but, well, peanuts.

It's not really 100% natural Peanut Butter if it has something other than peanuts in it.

FIFY
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

^^ This
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options

That is a ridiculous statement (though it is his opinion, and I have seen IIFYM practitioners on MFP tear cauliflower rice lovers a new hole because cauliflower, to them, is "disgusting").

But I think a lot of these lovely MFP flame wars would be less...flamey....if persons distinguish between the practice of clean eating, whatever that may be to whomever uses such language, and people making dumb statements like the one you quoted. Clean eating is a preference, unsustainable though it may be. Saying JIF is garbage and those who eat it and things like it will die of cancer, is uncalled for and deserves bashing.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

this.
    Also, crunchy Jif is delicious. While this may not be documented in a peer-reviewed journal article, the market and these people agree:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jif-Extra-Crunchy-Peanut-Butter-40-oz/10308251#Product+Reviews
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    only trend I like is eatalldafood
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

+1
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I get mine from Publix. they make their own peanut butter. its just crushed peanuts, you could probably just make or buy some from a health food store like that and add your flaxseed to it. I'm not sure of the other peanut butters out there. I have tried Almond butter, but I'm not a huge fan of it.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

+2
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

I have to applaud that.

Let's go for three asinine arguments in one thread.

Skippy> jif
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

That is a ridiculous statement (though it is his opinion, and I have seen IIFYM practitioners on MFP tear cauliflower rice lovers a new hole because cauliflower, to them, is "disgusting").

But I think a lot of these lovely MFP flame wars would be less...flamey....if persons distinguish between the practice of clean eating, whatever that may be to whomever uses such language, and people making dumb statements like the one you quoted. Clean eating is a preference, unsustainable though it may be. Saying JIF is garbage and those who eat it and things like it will die of cancer, is uncalled for and deserves bashing.

Yeah, I failed at writing that post. Wasn't thinking straight due to boredom and Subway.

I grew up eating 100% peanut butter. To me, any PB that has additives isn't peanut butter. It just doesn't taste right, hence thinking that it's disgusting.

As for the clean eating statement: I don't have much of a choice. I've recently discovered 15 food allergies I have, the worst of which is soy, dairy, and gluten. 95% of processed foods have at least one of those, so i have to cook nearly everything from scratch, or, from my point of view, "clean." I don't see how it's unsustainable. Expensive, yes. Unsustainable, no.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the topic. We were talking about fake PB? What about the J?
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

I have to applaud that.

Let's go for three asinine arguments in one thread.

Skippy> jif

I'm a Peter Pan lover myself.
  • jonnythan
    Options

kayleenogif_zps88d53cef.gif

Oh Kaylee! :blushing:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eh load it with nutella or fluff you will never notice the difference.