Help with logging a certain food..

Options
I got a wrap at a local place but I have no idea how to log it cause they don't have any calorie information.
It was an orange tortilla (assuming tomato) with grilled chicken, turkey, lettuce, and shredded cheese. I only had half...and there was ranch on the side but i only had a little bit (i just spread a little on the top, I would say maybe a tsp). any suggestions?

Replies

• pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    With things like that, I usually just try my best. If I'm looking at two different wraps, I check out the nutrition and usually pick the higher one. Can be a little tricky, and might not be the "best way" of doing things, but sometimes there really isn't a way around it
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    With things like that, I usually just try my best. If I'm looking at two different wraps, I check out the nutrition and usually pick the higher one. Can be a little tricky, and might not be the "best way" of doing things, but sometimes there really isn't a way around it

What she said. We have a local burger joint called Hwy 55 and they do not list their nutritional information for some stupid reason. I just find a generic restaurant burger and fries with a calorie count that sounds about right and log it that way. It only happens once every 2-3 weeks, and it doesn't seem to be hurting me.

This is how I'd log yours:
    Wegman's - Tomato Basil Tortilla - 1/2 tortilla - 90 calories
    Chipotle Mexican Grill - Grilled Chicken - 2 oz - 90 calories
    Generic - Turkey, Deli Sliced - 2 oz - 60 calories
    Dole - Shredded Lettuce - 1/2 cup - 3 calories
    Cheese - Cheese - Shredded - 1/4 cup - 83 calories
    Ranch Dressing - Wishbone - 1/2 T - 33 calories

So, 360ish calories. That's probably an over-estimation, but that's better than an under-estimation. Or you can log it this way:

Chicken Out Rotisserie - Turkey Wrap - 1/2 wrap - 364 calories.