tips on diet plains? what to eat and what not to.

Options
Hello everyone ,
Can someone help by telling me what is a good diet plain when your doing insanity workouts? Can I do low carb diet or do I do a high protein diet and just not eat rice candy oily foods and sweets? If you have done insanity and have seen good results plz message me your diet plain and what you did.

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ,
    Can someone help by telling me what is a good diet plain when your doing insanity workouts? Can I do low carb diet or do I do a high protein diet and just not eat rice candy oily foods and sweets? If you have done insanity and have seen good results plz message me your diet plain and what you did.

What are your goals? Is it just weight loss?

You need a calorie deficit to lose weight....you don't have to cut out foods you like. Just eat less calories than it takes to maintain your current weight (including exercise). If you have medical issues, then you should watch your carbs.

But, if it were me, I would eat foods that I enjoy. Eating foods that I enjoy, while getting enough protein, fat....and then carbs (carbs are what's left over...not that important).....helps me lose weight. Keeping the weight off is going to be difficult if you have "one diet" for weight loss....and then something different for maintenance.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    eat enough, not too much. :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Cutting out whole food groups isn't a good choice unless you're willing to do it for the rest of your life. The best way to approach weight loss is to understand that you have to make a LIFESTYLE change in order to keep the weight off. If you're planning on doing a low carb diet for the rest of your life, by all means, go ahead. Otherwise, the when you stop low-carbing it's highly likely that you'll gain that weight back.

I have found success just trying to fit more healthy foods and less 'snacky' foods. I still get to eat my chocolate and have beer (or a bloody mary). I just make sure I fit it into my calorie goals. Whatever you decide to do, good luck.