Exercise on your bed?

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just thought of this..any such thing as doing crunches in bed or doing leg extensions..anything else? :)

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thought you were going in a diff direction with this post! :devil:
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Hahahahaha....so did I...which I guess makes me a little bit of a perv :bigsmile: Because I HAD to check it out!!! LMBO!:laugh:

~~And on another note, I do exercises on the edge of my bed all the time...My physical therapist said it was a great idea! :flowerforyou:
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    so thought it was going somewhere else too!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Oh me too! I was hopping for a good response. :devil:
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    I thought it was going in a different direction as well! Would have been nice to see some responses about that. Im sure you can burn a lot of calories doing just that!
  • Actually ... I didn't think you were going 'somewhere else' with this post .... So what does that say about me?! :tongue: :laugh:
    I do a lot of exercises on my bed because I can't get up and down from the floor because of arthritis.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Haha you guys have the same mind I do..but yeah thats technically exercise LOL not sure how many calories it burns maybe you should wear you HRM during it..(as seen in another thread).
  • Ha ha...I was going to say that I searched "night activities" under cardio and there was no such thing. ;)
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    :wink:

FYI:
    *Calories burned with Sexual Activity, Passive

Light Effort, Kissing, Hugging

68 calories per hour

*Calories burned with Sexual Activity, General

Moderate Effort

88 calories per hour

*Calories burned with Sexual Activity, Active

Vigorous Effort

102 calories per hour

Assuming a body weight of: 150 lbs (not sure how it adjusts if you weigh +/- 150)

http://caloriecount.about.com/activities-sexual-activity-ac14

Did everyone suddenly get 'sleepy'??!! :blushing:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Awww shoot! A missed educational opportunity. :tongue:

I do some low back and core exercises on the bed because of a couple slipped discs and sciatica. Usually done in the morning before I get up..... it doesn't even wake the boyfriend up anymore! lol
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    *Calories burned with Sexual Activity, Active

Vigorous Effort

102 calories per hour

:laugh: weigh +/- 150)

http://caloriecount.about.com/activities-sexual-activity-ac14

Did everyone suddenly get 'sleepy'??!! :blushing:

Every one of my mfp friends know.... it's part of my exercise log. :love: :flowerforyou: Hey, I'm all about make love not war! War might burn more calories, but love feels better!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I *personally* think it should be counted but there's been tons of debate on that very topic here and its gotten very heated to the point that the moderators took the thread down. But it's also a personal decision.

As far as OTHER bed exercises, there's not enough space in my bedroom to do that really.. but I'll do chair exercises if I'm in an office setting for long periods of time. Mostly legs and some abs ("chair crunches"). :-)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    I can do push ups..put both hands on my bed..slide myself down to the floor and push myself back up using my arms. I broke my ankle 8 years back and went up and down the stairs using my free foot to push up and my arms to get up on the stairs above me..heck of a workout.
This discussion has been closed.