Anybody have Breakfast Ideas? Lunch? Dinner?

Options
13»

Replies

• lchansen1
    lchansen1 Posts: 22
    Options
    This recipe makes you do all the work up front, it takes me 10 minutes to prep, if that (I am a master now). Also, it can be easily altered with whatever you have around. I make one pie plate every sunday to eat for the week. It is only 215-315 calories and it will fill you up all the way to lunch, or late lunch for that matter.

Ingredients:
    12-16 oz of egg whites (i usually get a small carton of 100%)
    4 real eggs, (necessary to hold it together)
    1/3 lb of deli meat, any flavor
    1 package of shredded cheese, any flavor
    Veggies- Red Pepper (1/2), Onion(1/2), and any others you like
    1/2 can of beans OR 1 small potato (optional)
    Frank's Red Hot, 1/4-1/3 cup (optional)

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 360*
    Cut vegetables (I like them big)
    Cut deli meat/bacon, etc

In a glass baking dish (pie plate or brownie pan for easy cleanup) combine the eggs and whisk them up. Then add everything else (set some of the cheese to the side though). Stir it around and add in some seasonings or Franks (note franks gives it a great flavor, but is not very spicy)!

360^ Cover it and cook it for 55 minutes
    350^ Uncover it and cook it for another 35 minutes
    Note: Cooking time does vary. Just check it after an hour and make sure it is not liquidy

Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and let it cool.
    Boom.
    Done.
    Just microwave for 30-60 seconds throughout the week!

Note: If you are using franks i suggest cheddar cheese and cajun chicken or chipotle chicken. If you are not using franks I recommend ham and cheddar :). Also, I don't use the whole package of cheese but you can, or you can leave it out entirely.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast smoothie - 1/3 cup plain yogurt, 2 cups spinach, 1 frozen banana, 1/2 scoop protein powder. For variety, I'll use different fruit, artificial flavors or mint. Since I am allergic to eggs, a lot of hot breakfast options are out for me. I don't taste the spinach and it helps keep my full all morning. My husband thinks I'm crazy to drink something green, but I don't let it bother me since it tastes good.