Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MFP working wonders, but have a Protein Question

gclauson
gclauson Posts: 26 Member
Hey all! I am Loving my new "Way" on MFP, 18 pounds down since late Feb on my way to 50. I have been doing a pretty good job of getting into a groove of a balanced diet, i am pretty anal about being close to even stuff like potassium levels and what not, but i almost ALWAYS fall short on my protein. What do you guys do to get that extra protein without changing your diet drastically? Not trying to be sneaky, and this really isnt that hard on the surface (eat more meat) just wanted to know what any of you might have done to sneak in extra protein. I am usually about 100-125 g a day, but have LBM of 181.

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Well... eat more meat was my first recommendation. :)

I would also suggest greek yogurt, egg whites, protein powder, cottage cheese and fat sources with added protein; almonds, cheeses, avocado, etc.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Other great sources of protein are: greek yogurt, eggs, cheese. I have all of these almost every day. I do supplement with whey protein in my morning oats, a post-workout protein shake and an after dinner casein protein shake; I usually get~200g of protein each day even though my lean body mass is about 122lbs.