Third day here

Options
Hi everyone,

It's my third day using myfitnesspal, and I've found it a good experience so far. I'd been meaning to to try and get in better shape for months, and when a friend joined weight watchers recently, I finally felt motivated to look after myself a bit more.

Being able to quantify food and exercise has really been a revelation--especially when it comes to some of my favorite foods (i.e. cheese, nuts, oils). Those really add to the calorie count!

The recipe feature is great too. Now I can see the nutritional value of what I cook.

It's also nice to be able to add in exercise--and being more aware of what I'm putting into my body has motivated me to start walking to work each day (it's only 0.6 miles). But with a walk home for lunch and back, it's 2.4 miles a day. Very nice.

The best part so far has been to treat getting in shape like a game. There are goals and instant feed back. Making a tough job like this fun should help I hope.

Anyway, please say hello if you like--and feel free to friend me--it will be good to go through this lifestyle change as part of a community.

CvilleDan

Replies

• lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You'll find everyone here extremely supportive and encouraging. A friend request is on the way to you. Perhaps we could motivate each other on our journey.