Its 3:30am here in the UK...

Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
and I can't sleep!:grumble: I have to start getting ready for work in 3.5 hours and I haven't closed my eyes yet, not only that but I dont even feel tired. Its rare for me, normally I have no trouble getting to sleep. I got out of bed an hour ago to see if a hot drink and a bit of computer time might make me feel sleepy. On the rare occasions I can't sleep thats usually enough to make my eyrs tired and send me back to bed, but not tonight it would seem.And to make it worse in the last hour I have consumed around half my calories for the enire day. chocolate biscuits are so much harder to say no to in the wee small hours:sad: Its not going to be a great day:frown:

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    If you have a couch in front of your television, lay down, throw on your fave blanket, and find the most interesting show you can. I dunno why, but the interesting ones always knock me out, lol.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Well, since you're up...how about some jumping jacks, lunges, sit-ups and push-ups? Might tire you out! Or how about I just shut up now, eh? :laugh:

Seriously, hope you get to sleep soon, and the rest of your day goes better. Good luck! :drinker: <--- Coffee!
  • Kate_UK
    Well, since you're up...how about some jumping jacks, lunges, sit-ups and push-ups? Might tire you out! Or how about I just shut up now, eh? :laugh:

Seriously, hope you get to sleep soon, and the rest of your day goes better. Good luck! :drinker: <--- Coffee!

Lol, do you know I was just contemplating some exercise!:laugh: If I thought it would tire me out rather than make me even more alert I'd give it a go! But I think the rest of the day is going to be hard enough once my brain catches up and realises that it should have gotten about 5 hours shut eye by this point already.
  • Kate_UK
    If you have a couch in front of your television, lay down, throw on your fave blanket, and find the most interesting show you can. I dunno why, but the interesting ones always knock me out, lol.

I'll go and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Oh dear it's 4.12 UK time and I can't sleep either! Up at 7 for work :cry:
  • Kate_UK
    Sim247 I hope you managed at least some sleep. I went to bed at 4, I can remember looking at the clock at 4:30 but nothing after that until 6:10 when my daughter woke, so I recon I got at least an hour and a half in the end. Now its 8am and I'm at my desk looking and feeling a bit rubbish:frown:
  • Not being able to sleep is horrible, especially when there's the anxiety of knowing you have to get up for work. There's never anything on TV in the wee small hours - endless shopping channels selling extortionately priced jewellery and nasty kitchenware.
    My remedy is to get up out of bed, go downstairs and do something really boring, like a pile of ironing - exercise, I find, just makes me feel even more alert.

Hope you get through today okay and remember IT'S FRIDAY!!!:flowerforyou:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Look at the bright side! You should be able to fall to sleep just fine tonight! :laugh:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Sim247 I hope you managed at least some sleep. I went to bed at 4, I can remember looking at the clock at 4:30 but nothing after that until 6:10 when my daughter woke, so I recon I got at least an hour and a half in the end. Now its 8am and I'm at my desk looking and feeling a bit rubbish:frown:

I got about an hour's sleep after I posted on here.

Same as you sat at my desk at 8am feeling rubbish. But hey, it's the weekend!
This discussion has been closed.