Resting calories

Options
Okay I know when you work out you are to take off your resting calories (I am using a HRM) so I have been taking off 85 calories for the hour also taking 85 calories off for 45 minutes. Just thought of it tonight I am probably taking to much off for the work out of 45 minutes.

First of all someone else figured out my resting calories so how or where do I get what MFP gave me for resting calories. If 85 is correct should I actually be taking off

64 calories for 45 minutes?
43 calories for 30 minutes?
22 calories for 15 minutes?

These calories all being my resting calories. Please help but not in big word terms or I will be lost.

Thanks ahead of time.

And to all those people who don't take off the calories you need to as it was explained to me that MFP already has accounted for those. :)

Swoopette

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Look at your profile and figure out what MFP set as your BMR. Divide that number by 24, then by 60 and that gives you a resting burn per minute. Mine is 1.4 per minute. Multiply by the number of minutes you worked out to get the number you subtract. So for me, a 45 minute workout = 45*1.4 = 63 calories to subtract from HRM. For 60 minute workout = 60*1.4 = 84 calories to subtract. :smile: