160g protein, 40g carbs ??

Options
cjsmommy7
cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
Hi all, just started doing some weights and have been given a plan which suggests i should be eating 160g protein 40g carbs anyone else have similar macros and what do you eat ?? Im currently 74 kg looking to lose about 4kg at the moment.

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just started doing some weights and have been given a plan which suggests i should be eating 160g protein 40g carbs anyone else have similar macros and what do you eat ?? Im currently 74 kg looking to lose about 4kg at the moment.
    I eat quite low-carb as well and find I have to target my carbohydrate intake to be approximately 30-45 minutes before I do my strength training in order to have the necessary serum glucose for a strong anaerobic workout. 160g of protein is pretty high though - most plans don't call for that much protein for women ... You may find it's far-more protein than you need.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If you are working out hard, you might have a hard time having energy to exercise if you're eating that low of carbs long term.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'd effing die on carbs that low with my current lifting routine. The protein is probably an appropriate goal though.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have about 1g of protein per lb of lean muscle mass.

Low carb is hard and I'm starting to get out of it because i have no energy at all (low carb, eating at 1200 calories a day).
  • hlcook
    hlcook Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me do the same type of plan **but only for one week** then I'm back to a more manageable macro ratio.

My week usually includes:

DRY CHEESE CURDS mixed in with Greek Yogurt
    Lean white fish
    Salmon
    Eggs & Egg whites
    Turkey slices
    Cheese
    Isoflex Whey Protein shakes
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Is it really necessary to go to such extreme?are you looking for quick results?if so that will work.

I personally cannot survive on that,I eat more than 200g carbs and about 120g=lean body mass of protein,i do eggs and lentils and protein shake,yogurt etc.
    Low carb makes you feel crappy and tired all the time.Its a choice, but you don't need to go through the misery!
  • Jiminibee
    Jiminibee Posts: 82
    Options
    I aim for 1g protein per lb of lean body mass, more if I can, less than 50g carbs, and the rest of my calories from fat.

Some people love this kind of low carb and have great results (myself included - 13.4 lbs lost in 10 days!), some people think the idea of that is torture and hate it.

Really depends on you, your goals, how intense you work out, etc etc etc.

But for me, personally, 160g protein and 40g carbs is totally normal and works extremely well.

EDIT: typos