"Scooped out bagel"

Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    and now I shall start eating at Kiva's....

and WHAT THE H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS! Who does that. You're only eliminating like what, 10g of carbs? You're still eating the bagel. It's like only eating a muffin top and discarding the rest. Why would you even. just stop.

i eat the muffin top and discard the rest b/c the crunchy top is the only good part. the crumbly inside is just a stuck to the paper mess and not worth my time.

Have you seen the Muffin Top Pan? Sheer genius!!

muffin-top-pan.jpg
  • sammy_g1
    sammy_g1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    According to Elaine Benes you can't just make the tops... You have to make the WHOLE muffin, then pop the top!

muffintop.gif

Edited to get my imgae posting correct!
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I read a post about this before. The two common reasons were to cut calories - less bagel, less cals. The other reason was to stuff the bagel with.....whatever it is you stuff a bagel with. Either way, it's a total waste of a bagel.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    What the.
    And why.
    This popped up when I searched for In and Out. "Scooped-out bagel." So. . . how can you even regulate that? A store-inabag bagel? A gigantor New York bagel? A bagel from Noah's??

Who is scooping out their bagels and why are they doing this?!?! A bagel isn't a pumpkin. Don't scoop it out, eat the damn thing. Or don't.
    I saw that too. The soft part in the bagel is the best part! Why would you waste food and scoop it out? Dang it....now I want a bagel for breakfast.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    and now I shall start eating at Kiva's....

and WHAT THE H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS! Who does that. You're only eliminating like what, 10g of carbs? You're still eating the bagel. It's like only eating a muffin top and discarding the rest. Why would you even. just stop.

100 calories instead of 400 and I still get to eat a yummy muffin plus my regularly scheduled breakfast?? Sign me up! :wink:
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Hahah... I've done this for years and never knew it was a trend! Pulling out the insides lets you put more yummy stuff in your bagel sandwich without it squishing out all over the place. Plus the crunchy outside is the best part anyway.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    What the.
    And why.
    This popped up when I searched for In and Out. "Scooped-out bagel." So. . . how can you even regulate that? A store-inabag bagel? A gigantor New York bagel? A bagel from Noah's??

Who is scooping out their bagels and why are they doing this?!?! A bagel isn't a pumpkin. Don't scoop it out, eat the damn thing. Or don't.
    If people wash ground beef then scooping out bagels is certainly in the realm of possibility. Both of which are sacrilegious.

Edit for spelling
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I get why people would want to sccop out a bagel to cut cals (though I disagree with it!) but if you didn't want a whole bagel why would you not just eat half a bagel? Then you've still got a perfectly usable other half a bagel, not a wasted pile of bagel guts.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I was confused as to why people would do this and not just get the "thin" lower carb/cals versions of them. But then I guess that leaves less room to add stuff to them. Either way whatever makes people happy.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I get why people would want to sccop out a bagel to cut cals (though I disagree with it!) but if you didn't want a whole bagel why would you not just eat half a bagel? Then you've still got a perfectly usable other half a bagel, not a wasted pile of bagel guts.
    Begone with your logic.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I don't get bagels. There's a massive hole in the middle. If it was a normal bread roll, it'd work better, surely. Scooped out is no worse in my books.
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Because bread makes you fat. So sayeth Ramona Flowers!
  • velvet_violence
    Options
    I was reading about barquettes last night, which is apparently a small, boat-shaped pastry shell filled with a savory or sweet mixture and served as an hors d'oeuvre or dessert. Kinda like a scooped out bagel? Dunno, that's just where my mind went. :bigsmile:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I love my crunchy scooped out everything bagel:-)
    And oh, the nova, cream cheese, tomato, onion I stuff it with!
    I don't care for the soft spongy bread.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of doing this to a bagel, but I know it's a thing at Subway. Supposedly it's to cut out some of the bread calories.

that makes sense. Less bread = less calories. I just use bagel thins. I think you lose a little texture with them but I like to make sandwiches with them so it all works out in the end.