How many days a week?

Options
How many days a week do y'all go to the gym? I try to go 6 days and usually take sundays or a Friday off. Curious to hear how other people do it!

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    my cardio is usually 6 days a week, lifting is every alternating days.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    my cardio is usually 6 days a week, lifting is every alternating days.
    This, most of the time
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I ditched the gym membership. I live next to miles and miles of trails. I also have a bicycle and a mini home gym (elliptical, free weights, squat rack, Olympic weights). I do cardio 5-7 days a week. I want to get to lifting 3 days a week.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I actually only go to a gym 2-3 times a week, depending on what my running schedule is.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Right now I shoot for 4 or 5 days a week.
  • Once a week at the m ost now that it is Summer. I row/spin and run or powerwalk mostly. I have my own equipment at home and a slew of DVD's so I may ditch the gym altogether here really soon.
  • SillyTree
    SillyTree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I workout anywhere from 4 times a week to 10 times a week… (with some of these sessions being stretching, cardio, hiking, swimming, strength training, playing sports, or whatever)
    How much and of what depends on what I am trying to accomplish, the intensity and length of the workout, and my ability to recover.
    You can work out quite a bit if you recover properly.
    If you don't recover properly, then even 3 times a week will be a waste…
    I would say 5-6 workouts a week is above average and a realistic great amount of time!

Although; Less more consistently is where it's at…
    If you do a lot for 3 weeks, and nothing for 3 weeks… No good.
    If you do a little every week, for the rest of your life… Real good.
    Recover properly, and do what you must to remain consistent.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I go everyday for cardio and take Monday & Tuesday off. ....but if it's nice outside I will ride my bike or run. I haven't start back lifting yet.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    5 days lifting and cardio, and 1 day just cardio.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I take classes five days a week mixed in with some weights and cardio on my own. As the weather is nice right now I like to get outdoors and hike and run stairs. So in all total I workout out 6-7 days a week.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    How many days a week do y'all go to the gym? I try to go 6 days and usually take sundays or a Friday off. Curious to hear how other people do it!

I don't go to the gym but work out 5 days a week. I usually keep the weekend free except for stretches and walking.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Zero.

I lift weights 3x a week and do zumba 3 or 4x a week at home :)
  • dancer2u
    dancer2u Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town, & we only have one workout place & it isn't that great. I do aerobics at home for 45 mins. 4 times a week. It’s hard to work it in sometimes where I work a full time job, run errands after work, come home & take care of family & so forth, but been hanging in there so far. The only annoying thing at home is I sometimes get a lot of interruptions during work outs.
  • Rancerox
    Rancerox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Currently six days. Monday, Wednesday, Friday for 60 min cardio; Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for lifting.

I'm getting ready to start a work challenge that will put me there on Sunday as well.

Good times all around.
  • cecesmiles
    cecesmiles Posts: 74
    Options
    I workout (cardio) 6 days a week and strength train 3 days a week (usually weds, fri, sun) :D
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The outdoors is my gym and I get out 6-7 days a week for a variety of things.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 4 days a week. The rest (cardio, running and yoga) i do home
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    Cardio 5-6 days a week, lifting 2 days, 1 low intensity/rest day. But I'm just starting out, so I'll probably change it up soon.
  • 12amm34
    12amm34 Posts: 4
    Options
    I lift 6-7 days a week. Sometimes I'll do cardio a few times a week.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am at 6 days a week currently but with the nicer weather I will be doing my cardio only days outside. I will continue to lift weights at the gym 3 days a week.