Confused...

mrspyle
mrspyle Posts: 19
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So people on here who have actually followed MFP caloric goals to a tea, has it really worked?

Also, how do you loose weight w/ exercise? Burn more than you eat? Burn 1/2 what you eat?

Please help! Thanks!

Replies

• Eat ur full calorie intake a day but you have to be honest about ur activity and foods and when u exercise and add that in it gives you more calories to eat well let those calories alone and that is what you burned off that day I have been following everything for the last week and lost 7 pounds just be honest and keep track of everything and you will soon see results it is amazing.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Log everything that passes your lips - it's hard at first but you get the hang of it. Exercise if you want to eat more that MFP gives you (based on your age, weight, what you want to lose and activity level). Calories in - Calories out - it has never changed - we just hoped it would. I exercise everyday because I like to eat - but generally do not eat all my exercise calories. I leave some for error rate. Drink lots of water - diet soda and iced tea do not count. Read the message boards for tips on those more experienced - and recipes and tips. Good luck on your journey!
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    I have been following MFP fairly closely for about 6 weeks now and am loving it. I have the occasional bad day and last weekend was tough with Canadian Thanksgiving, but I have been constantly trending down. So far, as of this morning, I am down almost 9 pounds and 3 inches (although I did not start tracking inches until 2 weeks ago). Really, the secret to this site is to be completely honest with yourself. Eat what the site says to eat, and log every calorie regardless of how minor it may seem. Eat most of your exercise calories back to keep your metabolism going strong and make sure to work out as often as you can. When you have questions, the people on the forums are wonderful and very supportive and the blog posts can be great sources of information. Overall, I would say that this has been the most effective weight loss plan I have ever tried, and it is certainly the easiest!

Good luck! If you like, feel free to friend me!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Yes, LOG EVERYTHING! This will show you a few things...WHAT you putting in your body, HOW MUCH you are putting in your body, and all the nutritional contents of all that is going into your body...good OR bad. Other than than, again, drink all of your water and exercise as much as you can. Even when I didn't workout all the time, I was still seeing results just from logging in my calories. This is a NO FAIL way to lose weight. Good luck on your journey!! :)
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    If you are faithful to come here & be honest you will lose weight. I had tried lots of diets over the last ten years, but it wasn't until I got started with MFP that I began to see consistent results. Record EVERYTHING. After a couple of weeks of doing it, you'll be a pro ~ that part gets infinitely easier the more you do it.

You can do it! Welcome! :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Log everything! The guidelines on MFP are aproximations, you may need to tweek the amounts to suit your needs. I stalled while sticking to the 1200 a day and eatting exercise cals. I changed my cals to 1400 and usually only use half my exercise calories. After trial and error I found that if I stay between 1300 and 1400 per day and low to moderate exercise I do the best. I did start out with a BMI of 49 so I do have a significant amount to lose. As of today I have lost 30 pounds since 7/21/10. It does work! Just gotta have patience.
  • mrspyle
    mrspyle Posts: 19
    Thank you all for your help! Good luck to you too! =)
This discussion has been closed.