Is there a "moving average app" for measurements?

I use the app WeightTrend to calculate my trend weight as an average of the previous 7 daily weigh-ins. So when I do a weekly weigh-in, I'm not actually putting the number that was on the scale, but rather my "trend weight," which is an average of all the daily weigh-ins that week. This creates a nice smooth weight graph that doesn't show every fluctuation and I can see each day that my trend weight is going down even if my daily weight that day has gone up.

So I really like using this app and I am wondering if there is something similar that can be used with measurements. Right now, I'm planning to take measurements once a week, but if I could track them daily with an app and see my progress with a trendline, that would be awesome. I am particularly interested because I feel that measurements might be even more subject to fluctuations (what you ate, bloat, time of the month, etc).

Anyone know of such an app?

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    I use the app WeightTrend to calculate my trend weight as an average of the previous 7 daily weigh-ins. So when I do a weekly weigh-in, I'm not actually putting the number that was on the scale, but rather my "trend weight," which is an average of all the daily weigh-ins that week. This creates a nice smooth weight graph that doesn't show every fluctuation and I can see each day that my trend weight is going down even if my daily weight that day has gone up.

So I really like using this app and I am wondering if there is something similar that can be used with measurements. Right now, I'm planning to take measurements once a week, but if I could track them daily with an app and see my progress with a trendline, that would be awesome. I am particularly interested because I feel that measurements might be even more subject to fluctuations (what you ate, bloat, time of the month, etc).

Anyone know of such an app?

I do the same thing but honestly I just use Excel. Not aware of an app but then again I haven't looked. Moving average is a good way to smooth out the data to see a clear trend though. Everyone who loves to spout how weight loss isn't linear probably doesn't know what a moving average is :-).
  • Anilynlm
    Anilynlm Posts: 18 Member
    I've never heard of this app or a measurement one, but I'm definitely going to check this one out.