568 calories remaining..is that bad?

elsa11170
elsa11170 Posts: 83 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I read somewhere that if you don't eat all the calories that you're suppose to eat you're body goes into starvation mode and starts storing fat??? What if I'm not hungry?

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Just by looking at your journal it appears you're hardly eating enough some days. If you're not hungry, eat a little snack here and there (on something like nuts).
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I do not eat all my exercise cals but I do eat some of them. You will learn what works for you - if you are hungry eat more but don't go on a food fest at the end of the day. You may want to "front load" and eat a really good breakfast!
  • If you don't eat enough calories your body will try and store the food that you eat and it will take the calories need from your muscle mass. Try and eat most of your calories, it will rev up your metablism and may give you more muscle mass if your working out. Just a suggestion.
  • eharvey
    eharvey Posts: 32
    Well im not a Dr. but I personally shoot to come in under everytime. Ive heard the whole starvation mode thing yada yada but I personally dont care. Ive lost my weight and have a lot more to lose so starvation marvation im going to get thinner one way or another. February of 2009 my waist was a 50 and now as of today I actually fit comfortably into size 38's. I was a size 5x in shirt and now can do XL. So call me crazy call me starving but im gonna lose that weight!!!!
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you all for replying!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.