Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a gif of that!! Thanks! :drinker:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    On my last race, there was a guy yelling at the walkers in an angry voice. I was running behind him. So annoying!!!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    On my last race, there was a guy yelling at the walkers in an angry voice. I was running behind him. So annoying!!!

Lol why are you running behind angry people?
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Aargh!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    running.gif
  • bmannen1
    bmannen1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    SUCH A GOOD MOVIE
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    haha. all the people who pass me like that on the running train usually get passed by me at my steady pace and they are walking. suckers!!!
  • DemetraDawn
    DemetraDawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    running.gif

This is totally me when running...
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Why is giving a 'heads up' annoying? If I'm running and I'm in my own world I appreciate an "on your left" (or right whichever it may be) from runners or bikers who are zipping by. I give the same courtesy.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Why is giving a 'heads up' annoying? If I'm running and I'm in my own world I appreciate an "on your left" (or right whichever it may be) from runners or bikers who are zipping by. I give the same courtesy.

I only give a heads up if I'm trying to squeeze between a couple runners. My last race there was a runner zig-zagging around, and I was trying to pass, so I gave an "on your left" so that she wouldn't zig-zag right into me.

If there's no one else around though, I don't feel the need to tell everyone runner I pass that I'm there. I just give them room.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I only give a heads up if I'm trying to squeeze between a couple runners. My last race there was a runner zig-zagging around, and I was trying to pass, so I gave an "on your left" so that she wouldn't zig-zag right into me.

If there's no one else around though, I don't feel the need to tell everyone runner I pass that I'm there. I just give them room.

Like I said though if I'm running and I'm in my own world I appreciate someone letting me know they're coming up on me so I don't do something stupid, like swerve into a biker or collide with another runner.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm usually the one getting passed! :)
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    in for later gif theft
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I appreciate it from bikers that zoom by - but if it's just me and another runner on the path it seems a little silly when there is so much space for both of us to maneuver. In a crowded race, it is appreciated.

Also loveeee that movie and I too have been looking for this GIF. :drinker:
  • ericalyn73
    ericalyn73 Posts: 79
    Options
    Check out the new Oscar Mayer ad on You Tube. It's Hilarious!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Depends on the situation, if we (usually my daughter and I) have room to go around easily we don't say anything. If the space is tighter we give the "passing/coming on left/right". If my daughter is biking while I'm running, she'll always give the "passing on" to the person in front of her.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the heads up, it's more the deliberate sprint to get by only to slow up after. You know...kind of like a car passing you in the fast lane.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    There's not a problem with giving a heads up, but it's also used as a taunt the movie Spanglish has a good example.