Best menus for losing weight?

Options
Very shortly I will be on my own for the first time in my life, buying my own groceries and cooking all my own meals (as opposed to having Dining Services or fast food all the time)
The freshman fifteen quickly doubled on my and I was overweight to begin with, so I'm hoping that making my own food will help me get ahold of myself.

I've looked up some weight loss menus, but they're full of complicated recipes and expensive ingredients. Is there anything out there that is easy and uses cheaper ingredients?

Replies

• DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Message me! I have some ideas. I think sometimes we really overcomplicate things. You can definitely eat healthy on a budget.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Very shortly I will be on my own for the first time in my life, buying my own groceries and cooking all my own meals (as opposed to having Dining Services or fast food all the time)
    The freshman fifteen quickly doubled on my and I was overweight to begin with, so I'm hoping that making my own food will help me get ahold of myself.

I've looked up some weight loss menus, but they're full of complicated recipes and expensive ingredients. Is there anything out there that is easy and uses cheaper ingredients?

Chicken stir fry
    Chicken and veggie soup
    turkey burgers
    tacos with whatever meat and topping you want

don't over complicate things. simplicity is the best taste in the world. :)

I go tot he produce section, get whatever is on sale along with the meat that is on sale that week. I go home and I make something up. And trust me.. i am no cook. lol Oh and alot of things have subsitutes that are cheaper. Google is your friend.

try
    skinnytaste.com
    chocolatecoveredkatie.come
    ibreatheimhungry
    cookie and kate
    skinny mom
  • dancinqueen91
    dancinqueen91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite easy meals is a simple stir-fry with a skillet. Add any vegetables you want to a skillet with some heated olive oil. Add chicken, cooked quinoa, egg, or some sausage for some protein and you've got a meal! From start to finish, usually only takes me 10 minutes. I like to add seasonings or low sodium soy sauce and sometimes I will add honey to make honey-roasted chicken. You'll have to play around with when to add the veggies based on how long they need to cook. Frozen broccoli will likely take longer than fresh shredded carrots, for example. Very versatile and easy for a student lifestyle.