Eat after work late??

Options
Basically i work 5 days a week 4pm-1am unloading trucks. So when i get home around 130 im starving...i go to sleep around 4 so i dont wake up until about 12 so i skip breakfast and gp straight to lunch...maybe a salad or chicken or whatever, then my lunch at 8 is dinner time. i usually eat a sandwhich or leftovers and still semi-follow my diet because i need energy. but when i get home i am starving! I just want to eat everything in my kitchen but i resist and dont eat anything at all. Like right now its 3:00am and im craving a frozen pizza. I want to eat but dont want to, What do you think?

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I get home from work around 730-8 pm and usually don't eat dinner until 10 (sometimes later) and go to bed around 11-12.
    As for pizza Lean Cuisine makes an ok pizza bread about 350 cals (one serving so you can't go over board), and beats the alternative!
  • foxylady8098
    Options
    You really need to eat SOMETHING. Even if it is just munching on celery while you are winding down. If you are that hungry, your body obviously needs some food.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    So you're eating "breakfast" at noon and lunch at 8pm? First off, you should consider eating something at 4pm to help break that up and eat more fiber and protein to keep you filling fuller longer. If you're not eating at 1:30am when you get home, is it because you don't want to go to bed after eating because you think it will get stored as fat? If that's so, then you're operating under false information because that myth's been debunked many times. It doesn't matter when you eat because your body will continue digesting/metabolising regardless of the time of day (the only thing that could happen as a result of eating too close to bed is heartburn or restless sleep if you eat too much). What does matter is eating enough food to provide your body with the fuel it needs to function without starving your metabolism and causing it to slow down, and not go over your calories.
  • scribblegurl
    Options
    I've read it's not so much when you eat late as how long before you go to bed when you eat late, and that so long as you have 2 or more hours before you go to bed, it's okay. I don't know how accurate that is, but there you have it.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Maybe make your first two meals of the day bigger? Add a bit more protein to the first two meals, and have a lighter dinner when you get home. Maybe a salad with some protein? A small sandwich? Even a frozen pizza under 400 cals would work. If you can, maybe some nuts or fruit on a mini break the second half of your shift or on your way home...something to keep you from feeling starved when you hit the kitchen.

Good Luck!