Valentine's Fitness Challenge May 4

Options
Today it's back to bellydance class! (I'm a little nervous. . .things feel brand new again after six months)

I'm going to wear my HRM, and see what it reports. I don't think the burn is going to be very high, but I'm curious. (there's lots of drilling moves and not a lot of constant motion).

Also, I'm walking there and back. I don't seem to have an actual "day off" on this new schedule. But, I'm not doing the same activity without a two day turnaround, so that seems OK, right? I'm in the thinking about my great-grandmother mode (thanks Michael Pollan) and she never had a day off of work in her life.

:flowerforyou: Happy Sunday!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today it's back to bellydance class! (I'm a little nervous. . .things feel brand new again after six months)

I'm going to wear my HRM, and see what it reports. I don't think the burn is going to be very high, but I'm curious. (there's lots of drilling moves and not a lot of constant motion).

Also, I'm walking there and back. I don't seem to have an actual "day off" on this new schedule. But, I'm not doing the same activity without a two day turnaround, so that seems OK, right? I'm in the thinking about my great-grandmother mode (thanks Michael Pollan) and she never had a day off of work in her life.

:flowerforyou: Happy Sunday!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    May 4th already! Only two weeks left!

I've been at the same weight for the past month :grumble: Oh well, I'm getting stronger and faster.

I did the BL Cardio, part of the BL sculpt and part of the extra boring Jari Love weights video, then, later went on a 40 minute walk. Also had chocolate cake, yum.

Today is easy bike ride and the elliptical. I wonder if I got cable for a month (with fit TV) recorded tons of shows, if it would be worth the hassle of dealing with the cable company. I guess not. I already have a gym membership, a treadmill, sidewalks, videos, netflix, husband's bike, yeah, I think I have enough exercise options. Weights are hard to do though. I'll keep the search on for another weights video - the next one coming is "star trainers, strength".

I agree with the great-grandmother mode - I mean some people work the fields or walk or whatever every day - I think you need a day off intensity (or two), but you can still move your body. I do the yoga and walking day.

Oh, and V, I know they both begin with the letter V, but valentine's day was a while back. :tongue:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    HAPPY ALMOST VALENTINE'S DAY!

(sort of)

Today:
    1. Did an hour of water aerobics -- my first time trying it. Not nearly enough of a workout for me, although some of the arm moves were tough. After class I asked the teacher to ramp it up a bit next time, but he said he didn't want any of the older people to have heart attacks. Ah well.
    2. Packed a lunch (at the office right now, ugh), and I'm going to continue to eat slowly and mindfully today.
    3. Stretching/ meditation before bed
    4. Took the vitamins already

Have a great day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OH man. . .Victoria day. . .Valentines Day.

Call me a hopeless romantic. . .to me, every day is valentines day.

It's that darn helpful computer. . ."here, let me fill this in for you, human.":tongue: