B*tchy Neighbors

Options
I live in a duplex, which happens to be owned by my husband's parents. The neighbor on the other side are now complaining about us, saying we make too much noise, and they don't get any privacy.:noway:
How much privacy can you expect in a duplex with PAPER-THIN walls???:huh: which they had to have noticed right when they moved in. They've been living there for six months, and now it's a problem???

My soon to be ex said, "If you'd quit running your f-ing mouth they wouldn't complain!" Funny, I didn't know that I was the only one who talked around here!

Uggggggghhhh...now I'm involved in this grade-school mentality "pissing contest"....I wish if people wanted to talk smack about me they would do it to my face!!:explode:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I live in a duplex, which happens to be owned by my husband's parents. The neighbor on the other side are now complaining about us, saying we make too much noise, and they don't get any privacy.:noway:
    How much privacy can you expect in a duplex with PAPER-THIN walls???:huh: which they had to have noticed right when they moved in. They've been living there for six months, and now it's a problem???

My soon to be ex said, "If you'd quit running your f-ing mouth they wouldn't complain!" Funny, I didn't know that I was the only one who talked around here!

Uggggggghhhh...now I'm involved in this grade-school mentality "pissing contest"....I wish if people wanted to talk smack about me they would do it to my face!!:explode:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Like you need any more stress. :angry:

Are you on good terms with your neighbors? Seems a bit coincidental that they're complaining now. Hopefully, hubjerk & his parents aren't using them to try to get rid of you. :grumble:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    That sucks...hang in there though chica. And you are sooo right...it's a duplex, it's obvious there isn't going to be THAT much privacy. I live in an apt complex....I'm not expecting peace and quiet every second of the day, and....pretty sure the privacy thing...not the highest here either.

Your neighbors just sound like they want drama...I hate drama, but some people like it. Stay strong! And good luck!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Like you need any more stress. :angry:

Are you on good terms with your neighbors? Seems a bit coincidental that they're complaining now. Hopefully, hubjerk & his parents aren't using them to try to get rid of you. :grumble:

His parents are actually very nice people...and they think HE's acting like a jerk towards me...they told me if I need any help they are there for me. They are so nice, how did he turn into such an asshat?
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    probably afraid he's going to lose you!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    GTO, I live in a duplex also (for a grand total 3 days now) and I have already had issues with my neighbors. Apparently, it's ok for them to play their techno-pop music right under my bedroom, but if I move a chair they flip out and are coming up asking if I am going to be moving all night (it was 830 by the way). Luckily they are moving out. I spoke with my landlord (a guy I work with who is a good friend) and he said they are just grumpy cause they haven't had up stairs neighbors in about 6 months. Luckily they are moving out in a month, my roomate isn't the most subtle person around, and I don't want to deal with the innevitable clash that will cause.

I feel your pain though. Some people were just born to create drama. :angry:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    If they want to stir the pot, that's fine with me. But if they have a problem with ME, they should come and talk to me, instead of whining to the landlord!! Now I have to hear crap from my husband because he heard it from his parents.
    UGHHHHH....I'm glad I'm moving soon. I think I'll go live on an island or somewhere where I don't have any neighbors.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh man the neighbors:noway: ....so glad I'm in a single family house now...we used to live on the second floor of a three decker and my son would be just a typical 18 mth old boy, doing crazy things like ya know...WALKING!....and they'd call or say oh its sounds like a marching band up there....:indifferent: um ya.....so one day she came up and said...omg things are falling off the walls down here.....so I tell my hubby and he goes down and pissed off and says....let me see what fell, let me see the damage my one and a half year old son who is sitting watching sesame street now just made to make things fall off YOUR walls.....let me pay for all the "damages".....now hubby acts and sounds alot like deniro in his more "italian roles" lol sooo he was sooo my hero that day! stupid people make me :devil:

hugs GTO and breath....usually they are just sad life forms who really don't have much else to do but complain...still I bet that elbow move of yours would work wonders!!! tee hee:laugh:

hugs!!!!
    Ali
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I understand your pain, my next door neighbors are a stereotypical "cranky old couple" and don't have anything positive to say. They complain about EVERYTHING we do!! Argh!! I just try to stay away from them because I don't need all that in my life.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I live in a house and my next door neighbors ar HUGE pains in the *kitten*. They wrote me a letter once because they didn't like where I put my trash dumpster on trash day :noway: OMG!! Are you kidding me??? I was mad as you know what:explode: , I'm a hothead by nature, but b/c i live next door I decided to "kill them with kindness". I wave at them every time I see them and smile, and in my head I'm thinking "IDIOTS", I bake them Christmas cookies and deliver them myself(better for them to have the calories than me :devil: )I just act like the letter, or any of their other tired petty complaints never happened. Since then they don't complain much anymore. I think once people realize they can't rattle you, they quit trying and eventually move on to something/someone else to complain about.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I was just outside, and so was the neighbor lady. I waved hello, and she stuck her nose up in the air and went inside....:laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I was just outside, and so was the neighbor lady. I waved hello, and she stuck her nose up in the air and went inside....:laugh:

Pfft, guess that made her feel better about herself. If it wasn't so funny, it would be sad. :laugh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I thought I had left the snobby "my *kitten* doesn't stink" attitude behind in junior high school...apparently some people just never let it go.:ohwell:
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    I live in a condo building. People are pretty quiet, but we do have some weirdos. The main problem is my downstair's neighbours. Whoever owns it rents it out to Berkley School of Music students. I have to say that some of them are very nice, but there has been a fair share of pot-smoking, loud-music, messy jerks too. Nothing worse than trying to diet and getting the second-hand munchies. The condo association has rules concerning noise and they usually get kicked out or leave after a semester. The best thing you can do is try not to let them get the best of you.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I love my neighbours, and their dog, I just wish their dog would stop pooping in my yard lol. I don't want to start any confrontation with them though so I just pick it up myself before my kids end up rolling around in it. My sister on the other hand lives in a triplex, she's a foster parent and has 4 kids. They're neighbours are so mean to them about the noise. You're right when people have problems with you why can't they just nicely come to you, and try to figure out a comprimize (sp) instead my sister keeps getting nasty threatening letters from them stuck to the door. Same when I lived in an apt building someone puts an anonimous letter on the board by the mailboxes threatening to keep my dog I had at the time quiet. Well, when I'm not home how am I supposed to know my dog barks constantly, come let me know and I'll try to do something about it. People geesh.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    See wasn't that fun??? At least it was funny!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just keep waving at her every day and laugh on the inside:laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I don't know the laws in FL, but here in CA 7am-10pm you can make noise!! Dogs can bark and the kids and scream all they want.
    So I saw screw them and make some noise!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I don't know the laws in FL, but here in CA 7am-10pm you can make noise!! Dogs can bark and the kids and scream all they want.

I think it's 7 am to 10:30 pm here.....the lady next door is an uptight yuppie:grumble: :grumble:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

I think it's 7 am to 10:30 pm here.....the lady next door is an uptight yuppie:grumble: :grumble:

You should stand real close to the wall and start breathing really heavy and make some moaning sounds. Get quiet for a bit and repeat throughout the day. Then see what she says:laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

You should stand real close to the wall and start breathing really heavy and make some moaning sounds. Get quiet for a bit and repeat throughout the day. Then see what she says:laugh:

:noway: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: