Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is there such a website...

toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
...where you can enter in ingredients that you've got in the kitchen, and from those ingredients a healthy recipe is born?

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    You find it, let me know! That would rock!
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    food network lets you search by this: (it's called quick recipe finder)

I want to make the perfect _____ (lunch, dinner, etc)
    with __________ (ingredient - it's a drop down)
    ready in ___________ (time)
    recipes from ____________ (different searching sites)
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Allrecipes.com has a search by ingredient function (both the ingredients you want and don't want). Can't say that all of them are healthy, but I love the function and going through the recipes!
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    just asking other MFP members and people ou know will help also. I made a recipie book for a friend of mine so she would start cooking instead of eating out all the time......yeah 2 years later her HUSBAND started using it! lol
  • toots99
    The allrecipes.com one is closest to what I'm looking for, I guess.

It's just that I'm severely broke, but I have food. I am sick of eating the same things that I know how to cook. So I want to cook something new with out having to buy anything (or buy very little) at the grocery store.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Supercook.com

You tell it all the ingredients you have in your house and it scans several recipe websites for recipes you can make with just those ingredients or just those plus one or two others. The recipes aren't guaranteed healthy though, you need to be the judge of that, but it is a great tool to figure out some new recipes with what you have :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Supercook.com

You tell it all the ingredients you have in your house and it scans several recipe websites for recipes you can make with just those ingredients or just those plus one or two others. The recipes aren't guaranteed healthy though, you need to be the judge of that, but it is a great tool to figure out some new recipes with what you have :)

I use Supercook all the time because sometimes I just have weird stuff in my house, and its like...what the heck could I make with this, and I don't want to go to the store lol
  • toots99
    Supercook.com

That's a great help, thanks! :drinker:
  • toots99
    Supercook.com

I use Supercook all the time because sometimes I just have weird stuff in my house, and its like...what the heck could I make with this, and I don't want to go to the store lol

That's a pretty cool site. I like that when you open a recipe that it comes up with, it takes you to allrecipes.com, where you can adjust the serving sizes and not have to guess how to make something for one person instead of four!

Thanks so much!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    bump
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    supercook.com!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    supercook.com!
    oops! didn't see that someone already mentioned supercook, and 2nd oops is that i double posted.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Allrecipes.com has a search by ingredient function (both the ingredients you want and don't want). Can't say that all of them are healthy, but I love the function and going through the recipes!

I like Allrecipe as well and I think it even creates a nutritional value chart next to each recipe.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Supercook.com

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! love this site and love how it takes you to allrecipes.com where you can get nutrition info!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Supercook.com

Sounds like a cool site....very handy!:drinker:
  • toots99
    Supercook.com

Sounds like a cool site....very handy!:drinker:

Definitely!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Bump