Need A Kick Start

Rissa1428
Rissa1428 Posts: 30
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
So I have always been all about fitness. I've done all my research. I know what to eat, what macros I need, and all of that. I used to be soo active...I would never just sit around. Fast forward to beginning of 2010....I got in a new relationship and had to travel back home for a family emergency. Between the new relationship and traveling I gained maybe 5 pounds, but I was still fairly active. After Easter I decided to quit smoking and I knew that I would gain a little, and I did like another 5-10 pounds. Then came the end of May where my world did a flip. Let me just say that car accidents suck! I wasn't in one, but my whole immediate family was (mom, dad, brother, sister in law). Thanks to the man upstairs that no one was killed, but there were serious injuries that made life changes. So with the stress of everything going on with my family, having to cancel my gym membership because I thought it was too frivolous to spend almost $100 a month for it, I just can not get motivated again. After the accident I gained another 15 pounds and I am so sick of my clothes not fitting, and not being able to feel comfortable. I created a profile on here and thought by putting up a profile pic of my belly at its finest it would motivate me to get back there, but no...I still have nada motivation. I know I just need a big ole' kick in the butt and some hard motivating words, and I hope that this post didn't come across as too whiny :ohwell:

*edited to correct a spelling error*

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Well it sounds like there's not a lot to say. You know what needs to be done. Get out there and do it.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    I looked at your profile and I think you need more friends to motivate you. That's what has kept me going. I'll do a friend request to you if you'll accept. You've had a lot going on -- intense stuff, so it's understandable that you gained weight. Give yourself "a break" and just let it happen. BTW -- love the tats.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    KICK. It is hard sometimes to get started but once we start and start seeing results and feel better it motivates us to keep going. You can do this. We are here for you and we can do this together
  • Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation ! I understand and can relate to your circumstance of unexpected family emergencies, as 2009 was one of the worst years in my life in that aspect . You sound like a strong woman physically and mentally and you are on the downhill side of your slump because you have reached out for help so get OFF YOUR PITTY POT and get back to work before its too late. Best of luck to you and never give up ALWAYS challange yourself. Once you get started again you will remember how good it felt and nothing will be able to stop you.
  • Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation ! I understand and can relate to your circumstance of unexpected family emergencies, as 2009 was one of the worst years in my life in that aspect . You sound like a strong woman physically and mentally and you are on the downhill side of your slump because you have reached out for help so get OFF YOUR PITTY POT and get back to work before its too late. Best of luck to you and never give up ALWAYS challange yourself. Once you get started again you will remember how good it felt and nothing will be able to stop you.

Exactly what I need. Thanks so much!
  • KICK. It is hard sometimes to get started but once we start and start seeing results and feel better it motivates us to keep going. You can do this. We are here for you and we can do this together

Thanks for the kick :smile:
This discussion has been closed.