house work

Options
how do we enter house cleaning under exercise as it is exercise!

Replies

• Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    youll find it under cardio.......just do a search for it.....it will come up with light housecleaning and vigorous housecleaning.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Go to this site:
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm

It's in the Daily Life Activities at the bottom,
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    Really..we can count that as a workout!!lol..That's awesome!! I guess it is "work"..lol
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few things in the cardio sections that are handy - gardening and cooking are in there too! I usually only add these into my exercise totals if I am doing a fair amount of sustained activity though, otherwise I think I might be overestimating my calories burned.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few things in the cardio sections that are handy - gardening and cooking are in there too! I usually only add these into my exercise totals if I am doing a fair amount of sustained activity though, otherwise I think I might be overestimating my calories burned.

I am with you on this one. I consider that something I do everyday anyway, so I don't add it unless it is more strenuous than it normally would be. If I am sweating while I do the cleaning and cooking then yes, I will add it. I find it really does do an overestimate of your real calories being burned.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ya, I definitely don't include activities that are just part of what I do every day - I think that would be better reflected in the activity level chosen when setting our goals (i.e., sedentary, lightly active, active, etc.). Then I just add in stuff that's over and above, like a whole afternoon of gardening or being on my feet all day baking or something. One of these days I might just put on my heart rate monitor and see how much I actually burn doing that stuff!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    If your house is as messy as mine can get with an (almost) one year old, two dogs, two cats and husband, oh yeah, it's a workout. ;)