Amazed

ehorner1976
ehorner1976 Posts: 147
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I have already written a few post. But I am using this as my formal hello and thank you post. I have put on a lot of weight in the past few years and I have never had any sucess, even when I did lose I put it all back on. I have learned so much the last few week. The most important thing that I have learned is that this is a life style change. For example last night I really wanted taco salad. I made it a little different though, ground turkey instead of ground beef, light sour cream instead of full fat, 2% shredded cheese instead of full fat, baked dorito instead of regular doritos, extra salsa instead of cataline dressing. Wow those few changes dropped the calories in half. My husband said he couldn't really tell the difference, neither could I. I just want to thank everyone here. This website has been a life saver. It has made me more consious of food portions. This place is dripping with good advice. I have learned that by simply mixing up the ingredeints in my food that I can have practically anything I want (now that is a motivator). Once again thanks to all of you!

P.S. I wish this had spell check :blushing:

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    I have already written a few post. But I am using this as my formal hello and thank you post. I have put on a lot of weight in the past few years and I have never had any sucess, even when I did lose I put it all back on. I have learned so much the last few week. The most important thing that I have learned is that this is a life style change. For example last night I really wanted taco salad. I made it a little different though, ground turkey instead of ground beef, light sour cream instead of full fat, 2% shredded cheese instead of full fat, baked dorito instead of regular doritos, extra salsa instead of cataline dressing. Wow those few changes dropped the calories in half. My husband said he couldn't really tell the difference, neither could I. I just want to thank everyone here. This website has been a life saver. It has made me more consious of food portions. This place is dripping with good advice. I have learned that by simply mixing up the ingredeints in my food that I can have practically anything I want (now that is a motivator). Once again thanks to all of you!

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Congrats on your lifestyle change!!! Feels good to give the body what it needs. Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    I agree, I have also changed by eating the light or fat free versions of things and still able to enjoy variety of foods and my favorite meals. Funny you talk about taco salad. Thats just what I had for lunch today, the same way you described.
    Also, I'm a fellow Michigander too!!!
  • I was talking with my partner earlier this week about how easy this is! I don't feel like I "can't" have something..that was always the issue before. I would deprive myself, then end up binging and giving up. I feel like this is something I can stick with for the long term!

PS: I'm from Michigan as well..and have a minature schnauzer that looks JUST like yours!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member

It does have spell check--you'll see the misspelled words underlined in red. Right click on them, and you'll see recommendations for spelling changes.
This discussion has been closed.