Anyone know how MFP figures the "If every day were like toda

Options
Anyone know how MFP figures the "If every day were like today... You'd weigh:" ?

I'd like to know the formula that goes into this number, I logged into all my meals for today and tomorrow and included the exercise I will be doing and today's "if everyday were like today's" number was great, but after I put in my food and exercise for tomorrow the "if everyday were like today" number was 2 lbs heavier??? I didn't do anything drastically different so I am curious.

Thanks!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It takes your BMR less your calories you had = how much of a deficit you had in that day (+ or -) and then figures 3500 cals to a lb, so if you have this much deficit over a week and months etc and calculates how much deficit you would have in 5 weeks, calculates lbs lost and subtracts it from your weight you entered and comes up with a completely unrealistically mathmatical number
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The use the same method that they use to determine what time Santa will make it to your house.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    The use the same method that they use to determine what time Santa will make it to your house.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like the Santa thing!!! This system is still a mystery to me too, but looks good sometimes!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It was probably off because you entered the next day's food, it really only works when you enter today's food then click complete entry. What you did was mess with the calculation, I'm assuming it added tomorrow's and today's entries into one as if it was all today.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the +2 pounds on Saturday for the same entry as Friday.....Everyone knows you weigh more on the weekend that you do during the week......LOL - just joking.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: