Question

Options
Does doing any kind of House work concerned a work out?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Sure does. Put it in as cardio. Add how long and wala.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    hell yeah, i do more squats and stair climbing when i house clean than at the gym...
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You can count the activity as exercise if you choose. It's actually in the database....so's grocery shopping. Here's how I think of it. I've always done housework and shopped for groceries and I've always been overweight.....why would I count it now?

The only time I would count it is if you are doing something that you don't normally do or if it's really strenuous like stripping and scrubbing floors on your hands and knees or raking the yard.....

Just my opinion. Others may differ.
  • GrammiBarb
    Options
    It's listed in the database. Housework is definately exercise (even if our husbands think it's easy) :frown:
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Its listed in the database, but you want to be careful. If you do it pretty much every day, then it was probably in the back of your mind when you selected your activity level in your settings. So if that's what keeps you moderately active, then when you record it, your essentially recording it twice since its already figured in.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Housework kicks my @ss so I totally count it. I'm exhausted and sore at the end of an evening of cleaning. I count it.

Charmagne
  • Rissa1428
    Options
    You can count the activity as exercise if you choose. It's actually in the database....so's grocery shopping. Here's how I think of it. I've always done housework and shopped for groceries and I've always been overweight.....why would I count it now?

The only time I would count it is if you are doing something that you don't normally do or if it's really strenuous like stripping and scrubbing floors on your hands and knees or raking the yard.....

Just my opinion. Others may differ.

This is perfect advise and I agree 100%.