only lost water weight nothing since.....

I am getting extremely frustrated with this time around low carbing. I have been on the diet since beginning of April and have only lost water weight! My stupid scale wont go past a certain number, and if it wasnt for this dietbet site i probably would give up. I dont understand what I am doing wrong, drinking lots of water, less then 20 g of carbs a day and no more then 12 in one sitting or meal, no sweetners, 10/60/30 ratio of carb /fats/protein but the numbers wont change. I did this diet for 60 straight days last time and had a consistent drop of 1 lb - 2 lbs a week totalling 15lbs at the end of the 60 days and this time around. NOTHING! its got me down

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    How many calories are you eating?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    more protein. less fat.

I feel you're pain- I'm kind of stuck in a rut myself- 4 weeks- dropped heavily the first two from water weight- and now I'm stalling- so annoying.
  • pk79
    pk79 Posts: 8 Member
    I hear you. Last time I did low cab I lost a lot of weight. This time around, I can't seem to get back in that place. Hang in there?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Are you combining your diet with an exercise routine? Also, you do need carbs for energy. I have seen many people succeed with the 50/30/20 (protein/carb/fat) macro ratio.

Allan
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    It's pretty common to have a slight stall in weight loss 2-4 weeks in. At first you'll lose primarily water weight and then things will stabilize a bit. As long as your calories are in check, it's more likely you've added back a bit of that water weight while continuing to lose fat. Provided you keep your calories in check, you should continue to see losses over the next few weeks. Just give it time - your body has more to adjust to when you first switch to a low carb diet and weight can be a bit deceptive on a low carb diet, given how water weight can fluctuate dramatically (e.g., I'm up ~8 pounds today due to a refeed this week). You only started in April - give it time.
  • kt422
    kt422 Posts: 2
    trying to hit 1200 min a day..... i guess it something to consider that it is not always going to be the same second or third time around. I will hang in there even after i reach my dietbet goal! lol
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    A) Your either eating too many calories

B) Your not eating enough

Why not bump up your calories & see what happens???
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    I started MFP in March, but have been doing this since December. I've lost 19 lbs so far. I had a stall right after joining MFp so what I did was bump up my caloric intake a tiny bit (an extra 200 calories) and changed my exercise routine from 60 minutes of Zumba to 13-26 minutes of running up and down the hill by my house. I lost an additional 4 lbs after that first week. I see more of a change in my body shape than I do the numbers on the scale. You can stick it through until your body comes out of the rut or change it up a bit to kickstart the weight loss.