Am I snacking to much

Options
I hardly ever snacked when I relied solely on calorie counting for my weight loss, 8 and half stone down I have now incorporated exercise and snacking.

My intake is 1200 - how much allowance should i put in for snacking. Some Days my snack allowance has been more than dinner...yikes

Replies

• lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, when you like as long as it fits in your calories/macros.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever snacked when I relied solely on calorie counting for my weight loss, 8 and half stone down I have now incorporated exercise and snacking.

My intake is 1200 - how much allowance should i put in for snacking. Some Days my snack allowance has been more than dinner...yikes

You only eat 1200 calories??
    For the day??

You are too low on calories most likely......

But you can eat what you like, just incorporate it into your daily caloric/macro goals
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. Some people prefer to just snack throughout the day instead of regular meals. I am the opposite and hardly ever snack, I just eat 3 meals.

I've generally heard that it doesn't really matter much which method you prefer -- as long as you are eating within your calorie goal and choosing primarily healthy foods that fit your desired nutritional intake.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    8 and a half stone down.......... Amazing!!!

You can sure eat more than 1200 calories... Work out your BMR & TDEE, my bmr is 1450 your eating below this.

You can eat more & still lose : )

Food is fuel!

The more I exercise, the more hungrier I am......!
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys, see this calorie intake thing is confusing and the forums that explain it on here are just as bad lol or maybe i am dense...

That was the calorie intake MFP gave me, but i didn't know if i was supposed to change it when i started working out. I am doing insanity at the moment and sometimes still fit in another 30 minute exercise routine.

How do I work it out... sorry I am a novice
  • hirokoppe
    hirokoppe Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day plus 2 or 3 small snacking through out the day.
    but healthy snacks.
    Fruits, Peanuts butter with celery or carrots, spoon of honey.
    My snack is around 100 calories. Google "under 100 calorie snacks".

I'm also doing 1200 calories a day, include snacks.
    I was doing 1500 calories, but I was not going anywhere, so I changed to 1200.
    I'm sure some people say I should eat more or less. have to find your own things.
    I do work out almost everyday 30-90min.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys, see this calorie intake thing is confusing and the forums that explain it on here are just as bad lol or maybe i am dense...

That was the calorie intake MFP gave me, but i didn't know if i was supposed to change it when i started working out. I am doing insanity at the moment and sometimes still fit in another 30 minute exercise routine.

How do I work it out... sorry I am a novice

Make sure you update your stats and goals on MFP. As a general rule, for each 5lb you lose you should recalculate. How much do you have left to lose? More importantly, what weight loss goal did you input into MFP? If you set it to lose 2lbs a week, that's probably the reason for the 1200calories - that's the minimum MFP recommends. You should only have a 2lbs a week weight loss goal if you have more than about 75lbs to lose. If you have less than 15lbs to lose, you should aim for closer to 0.5lb per week. Around 15-45lbs should be 1lb a week, and 45-75lbs you should look at 1.5lbs a week loss. It may take longer but is much more sustainable. I used to kill myself on 1200calories a day because I set MFP to lose 2lbs per week, even though I have only about a 10lbs loss target. I now aim for 0.5lb loss per week and MFP recommends 1350kcals based on sedentary (I have a desk job), I then log my cardio.

Take a look at www.scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator and compare those values with the values MFP give you.