Insanity - where to pick up from

Options
Hi,

I'm currently on week 4 of Insanity (I finish on Sunday which is my rest day). I'm then going on holiday next week, which would've been my recovery week. I was wondering where would be best to start up from again when I get back? Should I go straight in to the recovery week or start again from week 1? Or perhaps do a week or 2 of month 1 to get my fitness back up again?

Thoughts??
Thanks

Replies

• honey_127
    honey_127 Posts: 21
    Options
    If it were me, I would take a few days after vacation and do some of the workouts from the first month and decide if you feel ready to move onto the second month workouts. I've heard that they're really intense, but if you've made it through the first month and you're feeling strong I would just skip the recovery week and jump into the second month. It really depends on your fitness level though and you'll probably need to judge where you're at because you start the second month.

Also, I wouldn't be very happy if I had to do the whole first month over again :tongue: I've just started the second week!

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    I don't think you should start all over...if you are "holding your own" with the month 1 workouts, I would do recovery week and then go straight to month 2...you won't lose much of your fitness level in only one week...

Although it says "recovery" its not an easy workout, so you'll be able to get your fitness back up before you jump into month 2...and you get to do the same workout all week, so you get a chance to improve each day...although it does get a bit boring by the end of the week...

Good luck and have a great time on your vacation!! :flowerforyou: