Trying to set my macros

Options
dezwark
dezwark Posts: 144 Member
I am trying to set my macros for fat loss. I have used a few different calculators and of course they are all different lol. My question is, my fat. How do I lower it? What is an ideal percentage for it to be at? It looks as tho I have been eating around 40% give or take and that seems really high to me. But I thought I was eating pretty well. I am just now getting better at tracking weighing and paying attention to all my food. Would love some input on that. I am also trying to set my calories according to the best fat loss.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am trying to set my macros for fat loss. I have used a few different calculators and of course they are all different lol. My question is, my fat. How do I lower it? What is an ideal percentage for it to be at? It looks as tho I have been eating around 40% give or take and that seems really high to me. But I thought I was eating pretty well. I am just now getting better at tracking weighing and paying attention to all my food. Would love some input on that. I am also trying to set my calories according to the best fat loss.

40/30/30 is used by a lot of people.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    try these calculations

Protien: LBM x 4/TDEE-X%
    Fat: LBM x 9 x 0.35/TDEE-X%
    Carbs the rest
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Like the poster above said, 40/30/30 seems to be common, but you have to find what you're comfortable with. I like more carbs (get grumpy when I cut them) and get burnt out on protein, so I do 50 carbs/20 protein (115 grams)/25 fat. My lean body mass is around 100 lbs (and I'd like to keep/increase it), so I shoot for a minimum of 100 grams of protein a day, although I don't always hit it and sometimes I'm way over.

Check out this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Like the poster above said, 40/30/30 seems to be common, but you have to find what you're comfortable with. I like more carbs (get grumpy when I cut them) and get burnt out on protein, so I do 50 carbs/20 protein (115 grams)/25 fat. My lean body mass is around 100 lbs (and I'd like to keep/increase it), so I shoot for a minimum of 100 grams of protein a day, although I don't always hit it and sometimes I'm way over.

Check out this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

This is where my calculations come from....
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The only thing that post doesn't seem to address is how do I find out my % of LBM? I have a scale that tells me % body fat, but I've heard thos are not accurage.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The only thing that post doesn't seem to address is how do I find out my % of LBM? I have a scale that tells me % body fat, but I've heard thos are not accurage.

if you dont know you LBM, you can use 0.8 x bodyweight for protein
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I used all the math (which I hate so thanks for that lol) and it was a bit lower then the 40/30/30 so I think I am going to try this one for awhile. Thanks for all the help