Dress size NSV and a question

nmcguier
nmcguier Posts: 27 Member
Yesterday I went shopping to for a new spring dress. I was super excited to pick up a size 10 and have it fit like it was tailor made for me. In January I was definitely a size 14 pushing 16. Total win!

My question is this: how do you count dress sizes? By that I mean is the difference between a women's size 14 and a women's size 10 2 sizes or 4? This is just one of the many reasons why I hate US clothing sizes.

Replies

• Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Since women's dress sizes run, 2,4,6,8,10,12, 14, etc. I would say it's two dress sizes. They say that every dress size is equal to about 10 pounds of weight, but I think that's subjective because we all carry our weight differently...

Either way, you are rockin it! Good job!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    track your measurements! whatever the difference is between the sizes, you are doing amazingly well! x
  • sixxkitty
    sixxkitty Posts: 27
    awesome job, I am so looking fwd to size 10 again.
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    2 sizes.

Congrats! That's a great feeling. :happy:
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    congrats

track your measurements (cm/in) waist, hips, bust - clothes sizes depend on how you carry your weight and on the shop

:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!