Mmm...Pizza!!!

Options
So when I started my weight loss journey, I knew I had to come up with better ways of eating the food that I loved, in order to keep myself on track and not feeling deprived. Well pizza is one of those foods, and while I've come up with many different ways to make pizza, this one is my favorite!

I buy a 1lb bag of whole wheat pizza dough from the local grocery store, and after it's risen, I cut it into four equal pieces (4oz each). I then stretch out each piece nice and thin - as thin as possible - and put it on a baking sheet. Usually I fit two per sheet. I then toss them in the oven at about 400 degrees for about 8 minutes, or until the crust not doughy anymore. I bake all the crusts up and if I have extra, I freeze them for another time! Anyways, once the crusts are done, I top with a bit of sauce (or you can make a white pizza using just olive oil and garlic!) and my favorite toppings (for me, just cheese and onions). Here's the fun part though...love that brick oven taste on pizza, but don't have a brick oven at home? No worries! Fire up the grill, toss your freshly topped pizza on the grill for a few minutes to get a nice char on the crust, and to melt the cheese. Finish in the oven on broil to get a golden brown cheese top, and enjoy!

My pizza with cheese, onions, and sauce, with 4 ounces of whole wheat dough is about 550 calories, and super filling!

Other fun ways to top your pizza:
Feta, tomatoes, olives and onions with a white sauce
BBQ chicken with cheddar cheese (2% of course!) and onions
Buffalo chicken with mozzarella and bleu cheese
Broccoli, mushrooms, onions

The list is endless! And for people with kids, they LOVE making their own pizzas :)

Enjoy!!