Miserable winter

Options
2»

Replies

• einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering for anyone out there who like me really enjoys walking and light exercise as opposed to running and aerobics, do you have any suggestions for alternative activities I could be doing until the weather settles down a bit outside? Any advice would be appreciated.

I used to play sports but now I almost exclusively walk. I've just started walking and then before you know it I've walked ten miles in a day because I decided to just keep going. Ha. I understand what you mean about the winter---in addition to the snow, my body does not react kindly to it. The cold just does a number on my body and I'm in a lot of pain, muscles feel all kinds of uncomfortable, etc.

I actually just bought some hand weights so I could maybe do some things in the house. There are some videos on YouTube that I'd like to play on my TV and try to work out to. I've tried using Wii stuff but the DVDs are awful.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't sign up to a gym if you don't feel like it, you might never go and have wasted good money! that's what I did last year...
    Home videos might be better though boring...

BTW, I don't do much exercise at all - walk a bit to work and back, cycle a bit. Those can be done in winter except when it snows. and I lost over 20 pounds and hav now kept them off for more than 4 months.