Hello, New here...

LilyFox
LilyFox Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
:flowerforyou:

I am a stay at home mom of a 10 year old son. But I do work for my dad (at home) volunteer at my son's school one morning a week and am on a hospital board so I keep pretty busy. 7 years ago I got down to my goal weight and then was diagnosed with cancer. Through the process and after I gained over 40 lbs. Through cutting out sugar and white starches from my diet and doing Chalene Extreme and now Turbo Fire I have lost almost 20 of that but the last 20 are really trying to stand their ground!:devil: I work out 5-6 times a week at pretty high intensity and my diet is pretty good ..the only problem with food I have is an addiction to cake!:ohwell: Hoping I can lose about 10 lbs by February.

Nice to meet you all! :love: :heart:

Replies

• TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Welcome!
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    :happy: Hi there! Welcome to MFPals! I love it here and the support is great. Altho lately...now that its cold here and turnin into winter...im gettin lazy in my excercising..so I need some fire under my butt and hope my friends give me a talkin too! lol ;p
    I hope your doing better and are cancer free! Good job on losing the weight and Im sure w/ the hard work your puttin in those extra 20 will come off :)
    Do you mind if I ask what Chalene is? My biggest prob is carbs! always! potatoe chips, pretzels, crackers, cookies. haha. I do the insanity workout and walk on my treadmill but ever snack I eat just settles right in my lower belly! I've tried atkins before and keep thinkin I should do that again just to get these pesty 15lbs off!~ even 10 would be good!

Anywho...welcome! Im glad your apart and look forward to reading your progress
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    You won over cancer. Those 20 lbs don't stand a chance :)

WELCOME!

Charmagne
  • You won over cancer. Those 20 lbs don't stand a chance :)

WELCOME!

Charmagne

Can't top what she said! You can wipe 10 pounds off the board easy!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP! You will find lots of support and encouragement here. I am also a cancer patient, having been battling for the past four years. It has now moved into my lungs and I am on medication which tends to make you put on weight. So, I'm now paranoid and very careful about everything I put into my mouth and logging it here sure helps.

Anyway, friend request on the way and maybe we can motivate each other on the journey. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.